Home
I'm wanting some pop-up sights for my AR. What do you folks recommend?
Posted By: TWR Re: Pop-Up sight Recommendations. - 05/17/17
I have used Troy's front and rear and they work for me. Get the M4 style front.

I've also used Magpuls MBUS sights and they work but are kinda blocky. Their metal sights are supposed to be better but I haven't used them.

I've used a few others including A.R.M.S. and PRI but the Troys are my favorite.
Mag-Pul MBUS

They're tough dudes.

https://kitup.military.com/2012/07/back-up-iron-sight-drop-test.html
Plain or tritium?
Posted By: TWR Re: Pop-Up sight Recommendations. - 05/18/17
I have tried 2 different tritium posts and always go back to the plain post.

Reason is the tritium is distracting to me through a low powered scope or red dot. If I was shooting irons only, the tritium might be useful.

Edit to add that tritium on the rear sight is worthless to me.
Magpul metal
Griffin M2

MM
Posted By: TWR Re: Pop-Up sight Recommendations. - 05/18/17
Griffins look odd. Is the post actually screwed out that far once zeroed? And where's the large aperture?

Not knocking your choice but please explain why you like them.
Posted By: EdM Re: Pop-Up sight Recommendations. - 05/18/17
I have a couple of KAC Micro 600's that I have been pleased with.
Magpul pro's are my favorite. They are very low profile, strong, and adjustments are positive. KAC's are nice if you can get a good deal on them, no way are they worth what most places are asking though. I'd personally rather have the Magpul regardless of price.
Diamondhead.

Somethin bout that shape just brings the eye in.

For plate shootin, don;t even need the rears up, just a cheek weld.
Thanks guys for the good info
Posted By: EdM Re: Pop-Up sight Recommendations. - 05/20/17
I gave $50 a piece for my KAC's. They are marked "USMC". I bought them from a guy on the Ruger Forum a few years ago.

I use Noveske, which are actually Troy, but renamed.

I knew and loved John, so I treasure the Noveske name and it doesn't cost any extra $$$$. Anyway, Troy/Noveske is as good as it gets and I would (and have) bet my very life on them.

So, there it is.

kd
magpul steel pro's.
How's the steel Magpul Pro rear with a 6920 FSP?
Fine, no issues.
Cool. Thanks.
Fellas, thanks for the info on the Magpul Pro's. Just ordered 2 sets from Deguns.net for $70.99/each + $8 shipping. Web page does not display this price. You just click the Price Match button and enter $70.99. Someone will approve that price (found on gun.deals) and place 1 set in your cart. You have to create a login first to get the price match.
© 24hourcampfire