Home
Posted By: g5m The AR market might be a bit flat - 05/22/17
With new Ruger AR556's available at $449 from an outlet in Florida :

https://www.gunbuyer.com/catalog/pr...-5-56mm-16-barrel-30-1-8500-rug08500-gb/
daniel defense is holding on to their price. I would buy another if they would go down 30% or so
Certainly not entry level there, but locally it seems AR's are sitting. DD seems to be an exception.
I suspect the market reflects the results of the last presidential election.

My AR10 receiver was purchased well before the election in part because I thought that if bitch H got elected prices would skyrocket and we would see O-style shortages of everything.
I assembled my first and second AR's a while before the election and stocked up on components for the same reason.

And I'm not a bit sorry that I did.
I just looked up my first AR to see where the price was at... I was AMAZED. It's an LMT Defender 2000. I'm glad that I've held onto the thing
A lot of people jumped out there, bought two or three. Now they are selling them.
As far as I'm concerned, it's a buyers market right now. One of the reasons I recently bought my first and second AR in the last month. I have also been buying P mags for $10.00 ea...... Time to stock up....
I've got enough (deep, deep breath...) ... guns.

Now its time for me to stock up on components and, since I hate to load most of it, pistol ammo.
Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter
I've got enough (deep, deep breath...) ... guns.

That's good to know.

But that might be a questionable assessment. Maybe they're lonely.
I stocked up on components the summer before Obama was elected the first time.

Picked up a couple of LE6920's for a good price last fall before the election. I figured I could sell them for a profit afterwards. When Trump won, I told my wife that we would just have to keep them even if I still could have sold them for a small profit. Her response was, "Which one is mine?"
© 24hourcampfire