Home
Posted By: evans1010 Noveske Rogue Hunter 18" - 06/21/17
Anyone have any experience with the Rogue Hunter rifles?

I don't doubt Noveske quality but the lightweight barrels give me pause from an accuracy standpoint, though that is based on nothing more than to opinions gleaned over the last 20 years. The alternative would be to upgrade the barrel to the SS SPR but it is fairly heavy and I worry about the balance of the rifle. I have a CMC trigger to replace the ALG as well as a Lantac dragon brake, which I have been very impressed with.

This will be my do everything rig for the range and predators and will initially wear either a Burris 1-4 or Bushnell LRHS 3-12.

Thanks,
Nick
Well, unless you're expecting it to perform like a GAP built custom 6mm Creedmoor with a 20' heavy Bartlien barrel, I think you'll likely be pretty happy.

It's an off the shelf rifle, but certainly at the higher end for that category.

I don't have one but it's likely to do a solid 1.25 MOA or maybe better with handloads & good bullets + a good shooter; that barrel is closer to a midweight barrel than a truly lightweight or pencil barrel.

And I don't think they are too badly overpriced either............the NSR rail is a very good feeling & ergonomic handguard as well.

It'll make a great carrying & predator / varmint rifle.

Buy it, shoot it & give us a report.

MM
Posted By: evans1010 Re: Noveske Rogue Hunter 18" - 06/21/17
Thanks for the feedback, glad to here it's not the pencil barrel I had in my head. Not that it matters at this point, the gun is on order now so I will be sure to report how it shoots.

I admit to being a Noveske fanboy for quite some time but this will be the first that is actually mine, little doubt I'll be happy with the outcome.

Thanks,
Nick
Posted By: jimmyp Re: Noveske Rogue Hunter 18" - 06/21/17
I used the Rogue hunter 18 inch barrel to shoot the 10 shot challenge and got about a MOA with factory 55 grain VMAX bullets for 20 rounds. It has a BCM KMR free float hand guard, a DD bolt carrier group, a SSA-E trigger and a NF2.5-10 in an LT-104 mount using a spikes lower on this build. So yes I believe the factory gun would be at least in that ballpark. I don't think you can get the most out of it with a 1-4.
© 24hourcampfire