Home
Posted By: luv2safari CORE AR M4 - 07/20/17
https://www.impactguns.com/core15-m...ard-coat-30-rd-mft-mag-707137964846.aspx

This is a heck of a price for an occasional shooter, all I'll ever use it for. whistle whistle

They have good reviews, so I popped for one.

Any opinions on them here?
Posted By: renegade50 Re: CORE AR M4 - 07/20/17
They have them in shops all over clarksville, couple of yrs ago they had their road show van and a bunch of rifles on display at rural king, the dudes were pretty cool and they stressed their lifetime warranty anything going wrong or breaking 100% fix or replace , even if it is your fault. They seem like solid guns the ones i looked at in their road show.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: CORE AR M4 - 07/21/17
Core is just outside of Ocala, which is right down I-75 from my casa. I have stopped in many times, and they are not only really decent folks, but they know what they are doing.
Posted By: boatboy Re: CORE AR M4 - 07/25/17
There is a local shop that I think the road show made them feel like they were on the Core team
They stepped up and bought and sold quite a few

Now a couple years down the road they are still very big on them
They had little or no problems
Thier warrenty is very simple and clear

Hank
Posted By: deerstalker Re: CORE AR M4 - 07/26/17
mine jammed on any and all mil spec brass. and i mean jammed. on loading, so it was hairy extracting the round. the brass all measured to Saami specs .
i called Core and they told me their chambers are all "tight" and not to use mil spec brass.
my question was "so if i am in a scrap some where and happen to get mil spec ammo, i'm SOL?" their answer was yep!
the core barrel got replaced.
lost me as a customer.
Posted By: TNrifleman Re: CORE AR M4 - 08/06/17
Originally Posted by deerstalker
mine jammed on any and all mil spec brass. and i mean jammed. on loading, so it was hairy extracting the round. the brass all measured to Saami specs .
i called Core and they told me their chambers are all "tight" and not to use mil spec brass.
my question was "so if i am in a scrap some where and happen to get mil spec ammo, i'm SOL?" their answer was yep!
the core barrel got replaced.
lost me as a customer.

I've fired many mil spec rounds through my Core M4 without any issues. I'm very pleased with it.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: CORE AR M4 - 08/06/17
I just wonder why core would not have helped you with that? If the gun is marked 5.56 then it sounds like it should fire XM193. They should have made that good. I have sent guns back to Daniel defense and Noveske and they took care of the problem,, for get this...accuracy out of a chrome lined barrel. In both cases they replaced the barrel after I complained and was looking for 2 inch groups with decent ammo. I have one chrome lined DD pencil barreled gun that will shoot almost as good as many stainless steel barrels will i.e. 1.5 MOA with 20 shots.....
Posted By: Bluedreaux Re: CORE AR M4 - 08/06/17
This is the problem with these off brands like this isn't that they NEVER put out a good product, it's that they put out inconsistent products. And most of the people buying a $400 AR will never fire it enough to find problems with it, or they'll just expect to have problems with a $400 gun and never complain about them.
Posted By: deerstalker Re: CORE AR M4 - 08/10/17
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
This is the problem with these off brands like this isn't that they NEVER put out a good product, it's that they put out inconsistent products. And most of the people buying a $400 AR will never fire it enough to find problems with it, or they'll just expect to have problems with a $400 gun and never complain about them.

what pizza's me off is i spent 650.00 on that 400.00 gun blush
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: CORE AR M4 - 08/10/17

That sounds like you described Kimber...
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: CORE AR M4 - 08/11/17
Reminds me of the Para compact .45 I bought. The mags were crap, but even though they acknowledged the problem, I had to send them back, leaving me without any, before they would replace them. Seemed like poor economy to me. I had trusted them on an $800 gun, you'd think they would trust me on a couple of $20 mags. At the time, short .45 mags weren't found just everywhere.

Contrast that with Ruger, who has sent me small parts for free on a couple of occasions, and exchanged scope rings at no cost as well. I think that's called playing the long game.
Posted By: rost495 Re: CORE AR M4 - 08/11/17
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Hey wait... pair of kimbers are almost fool proof for Carolyn and I... but then again they are 1911s.. LOL
Posted By: TWR Re: CORE AR M4 - 08/11/17
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Hey wait... pair of kimbers are almost fool proof for Carolyn and I... but then again they are 1911s.. LOL

My 3 Kimber Montana's have been great so to be fair, I'm sure he meant 1911's which is normal for any brand
wink
© 24hourcampfire