Home
Anyone run one of these on your AR? After seeing the many SWFA scopes in the AR challenge thread, it got me to thinking about a variable SWFA w/first focal plane scope on one of my rifles. Are these worth the money ($700.00)???? Is there anything in the same price range that would be better on a precision build AR???
I don't have that particular scope but I don't think anything tracks and holds up better than a SWFA for under $750. If their variables hold up like their fixed power scopes its well worth the money.
If you can - wait for Black Friday. They typically have a couple hundred off of the 3-15 line-up.

I've got several of their fixed and variable scopes on bolt guns, and tend to use lighter scopes on my ARs. Mainly because of the types of shooting I do with each, the SWFA don't get mounted on the ARs for the weight, and I don't usually need the high end of the magnification range.

Having said that, I wouldn't have any reservations about mounting on a AR. I'm working on a 6.5 Creed build that may get a SWFA 10 power on it, haven't decided.

I was able to take a 3-15 FFP out to 1200 yards last month, it was spot-on for dialing ranges and for quick reticle hold-overs. In three days of dialing, it did not miss a beat.

I would recommend getting a zero stop for the SWFA knobs, it will help if you are reaching out in distance.
I have 2 of the FFP and think they are a bargain. Would have no problems recommending them.
Mine sits on my AR10 but I have plans to order another for my heavyish 5.56 SPR as its scope now resides on my 6 Grendel. It's been flawless so far and the only addition was the snipershide zero stop kit for $22.

[Linked Image]
Thanks for the info guys. Much appreciated!!!
© 24hourcampfire