Home
I have shot a boat load of the factory Hornady ammo over the years in 6.5 Grendel especially their 123gr A-Max loads. Super accurate stuff!

Today I picked up a box of Hornady Black ammunition loaded with the 123gr ELD-M. Thought I would give it a try in a Grendel carbine with a Alexander Arm M4. carbine contour barrel with mid length gas.

I snatched a scope off another AR and mounted it on the Grendel carbine. Fired three rounds at 100 yards, making scope adjustments to get me fairly close to my point of aim. I then fired the 5 shot group bellow. I choked the 5th shot, its the one slightly out. I'm very impressed with the Hornady Black 123gr ELD-M factory offering.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
That'll do! Nice.
How do you like that buttstock?
What scope is that?
Smack, why are you not responding to my PM's regarding my "I'll take it for the 6.5 Grendel AR?
Originally Posted by viking
What scope is that?

It's a Leupold 4.5-14x50 LRP (Long Range Precision) with the Impact 32 MOA reticle.
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer

It's ok, I prefer the Magpul ACS-L.
Originally Posted by SMACK
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer

It's ok, I prefer the Magpul ACS-L.

Same here. The UBR "feels" more solid, but other than that I didn't see any real advantage. It's significantly heavier than the ACS-L too.
Smack, WTF? What is the problem here? Are you not going to HONOR my "I'LL TAKE IT" on the 6.5 Grendel upper? No reply for over a week, yet you are on the Fire??? Not cool Bro...
Originally Posted by Bigdogfla
Smack, WTF? What is the problem here? Are you not going to HONOR my "I'LL TAKE IT" on the 6.5 Grendel upper? No reply for over a week, yet you are on the Fire??? Not cool Bro...

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/12269543#Post12269543
Bought 100 rounds of 123gr SSTs for my bolt gun. At about a buck a pop, ain't hardly worth loading your own.
is the eld bullet the same as the sst?
No, it is not.
I recently picked up some of the Hornady Black and have had the same experience. It hammers in my Grendels.
Looks damn good. Very nice rifle SMACK.
Originally Posted by Bigdogfla

Neither is lying about a transaction YOU fuqked up. Just so the same never happens to me, on ignore you go.
Is that upper one you built?
What's your velocity on this round?
RickyD, (aka RickyDICK) perhaps you should keep your ignorant thoughts to yourself... You don't even know me!!!

Smack, I picked up the 6.5 Gredel Upper from HuntSonora yesterday... A really nice upper!!!
Thanks again and I appreciate you forgiving me for my misunderstanding... Because there are really Good Guys on the 'Fire, like HuntSonora, things worked out as they were supposed to... Thanks again Drummond... You Rok!!!

It's ALL good... 😎
Originally Posted by David_Walter
Is that upper one you built?

Yes...
Did you pull an MV off this ammo?
© 24hourcampfire