Home
Posted By: troutslayer Front sling swivel stud - 12/07/17
What is the best way to mount a front sling swivel stud on an AR handguard or the best product? New to this AR stuff and don't want to have to do it twice. I want the stud because I'll probably also put a Harris bipod on.
It depends on the type of handguard but if is a standard M4 or A2 style plastic handguard, GG&G and also Harris I believe make adapters for sling studs.
I'll check them out. Any other suggestions?
Posted By: BarryC Re: Front sling swivel stud - 12/07/17
Unless you have a float tube I would not bother. You would probably not be happy with the accuracy.
BarryC: I guess you'll have to explain yourself. I'm not quite understanding what you're saying. As I said, I am new to this AR world.
He is saying that a free float tube, ie. a forend that does not contact the barrel in any way, will not affect accuracy, but a forend that is supported by the barrel will cause harmonic issues with your barrel and accuracy and point of aim will change.
Posted By: AH64guy Re: Front sling swivel stud - 12/09/17
Trout - Easiest thing would be to post a link to an AR configuration like you have.

There’s a bunch of options, but each has good and bad- depending on what the starting point is.
I have a couple of these that I've used on the standard A2 handguards, and made them work on the magpul handguards by using a roungd file to open up a little more space for the stud to fit through the M-LOK slot. They work fine.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/404111/harris-bipod-adapter-stud-swivel-5-ar-15-black

Here's a pic of that mount on a MagPul guard. It works fine for a sling attachment or Harris bipod.

[Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire