Home
Posted By: bcraig Larue Trigger - 12/15/17
I am used to using single stage triggers but am thinking real serious about getting a Larue 2 stage .
Will be going on one of the 6.8 rifles I built.

Hunting and self defense are my uses

For the guys who have one or have used one what do you think of the trigger?
Posted By: Grand Re: Larue Trigger - 12/15/17
I've used Geiselle, Wilson, Rock River, Larue, POF, McCormick, JP, etc. The pull on the Larue is as good as any. But, the trigger is wider than most. Too wide for at least one of my lowers. And because its wider it feels different than a Mil-Spec shoe. I still use one on my Larue lower. They can be had for $100, which is a great price for the quality.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Larue Trigger - 12/15/17
Originally Posted by bcraig
I am used to using single stage triggers but am thinking real serious about getting a Larue 2 stage .
Will be going on one of the 6.8 rifles I built.

Hunting and self defense are my uses

For the guys who have one or have used one what do you think of the trigger?

I like a good 2 stage trigger. I have a Bushmaster adjustable 2 stage on my most accurate and favorite rifle. Smooth pull to a little click... When you feel that click, it's fixing to fire.

I use that rifle most, but when I pick up my carbine that has a very light, single stage Jewell trigger, I'd better be thinking about it, or I'll start to pull to the click, and it'll go off. wink

I really need to put a good 2 stage on that carbine so that I have consistency in all my AR's.
Posted By: APDDSN0864 Re: Larue Trigger - 12/15/17
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
...I really need to put a good 2 stage on that carbine so that I have consistency in all my AR's.

Primary Arms has Geissele SSA-E triggers on sale for $179.00 right now. Doesn't get much better than that!

Update: Just got an email form Pyramid Sales. They are offering the same deal.

Ed
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Larue Trigger - 12/15/17
Saw that!

At some point I have just gotta quit spending money on AR's...

Exactly when is the question... wink laugh
Posted By: Bluedreaux Re: Larue Trigger - 12/16/17
In the cheaper 2 stage market I prefer the G2S. It’s as clean or cleaner IME and the thinner trigger shoe is more comfortable.
Posted By: antelope_sniper Re: Larue Trigger - 12/16/17
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
In the cheaper 2 stage market I prefer the G2S. It’s as clean or cleaner IME and the thinner trigger shoe is more comfortable.

The Brownell's versions on sale for $135
Posted By: wareagle700 Re: Larue Trigger - 12/16/17
The LaRue MBT is a great trigger for the money. Very similar trigger pull to my Geissele SD-E.
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Larue Trigger - 12/16/17
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
...I really need to put a good 2 stage on that carbine so that I have consistency in all my AR's.

Primary Arms has Geissele SSA-E triggers on sale for $179.00 right now. Doesn't get much better than that!

Update: Just got an email form Pyramid Sales. They are offering the same deal.

Ed

That's the one I'd buy.
Posted By: dla Re: Larue Trigger - 12/16/17
LaRue and Ruger Elite 452 seem equivalent - you can get either for under $100 if you look. I got the 452 for $99, installed it and love it. I just missed the LaRue $99 sale. The Ruger has the standard width trigger shoe, but the wider LaRue is nicer for those who know how to correctly place their finger.

Can't go wrong with either one IMHO. Hugevstep up from a GI trigger.
Posted By: 4th_point Re: Larue Trigger - 12/17/17
I have no complaints with my Larue MBT. I use it with an 18" upper for medium range shooting.
Posted By: bcraig Re: Larue Trigger - 12/20/17
Thanks for the input on the Larue Trigger,got one ordered.
© 24hourcampfire