Home
Anyone have experience with the Ruger AR 556 MPR? Seems like a solid, well equipped AR for the money.
Don't think you can go wrong for the price, as an try level AR-15. When Ruger builds guns, they just tend to work, IMO.
If you're not hung up on an M4 carbine, the MPR is a very good rifle. I see them for $560 on sale. The MPR has a very good 2-stage trigger. The only downside is that you can't take it shooting till you mount a sighting system.
I'm a value buyer on the cheaper end of the scale. I'm not a .5 MOA guy nor a pretend commando. I'm interested in a usable, dependable shooter, that is reasonably accurate, backed by a good warranty. I'm also looking at the S&W Sport II, Ruger AR 556, and Savage MSR 15 Patrol, but the Ruger AR 556 MPR appears to have a nice set of upgrades for not a lot of extra money. Whatever I buy will get a 1-5/6 optic mounted on it and that's about it.
I think you can't find more gun for the money. the only thing I don't like is they really slim the barrel down under the handguard.
the only way to get cheaper would be a 179 lower from PSA, a 159 upper from them and then a bolt carrier group for 59 and a charge handle around 15-20 bucks. Would not be a good trigger though IMHO. Not good at all.
Thanks, Gents
It's a lot of gun for the money from a reputable company; haven't fired one but I'd take a chance on one for sure.

Spill your guts when you get some rounds down it.

MM
Mine shoots little bitty groups with factory Fiocchi 50 gr V-Max. It’s a bunch of fun for the money.

I ditch the factory P-Mags in everything now. After taking advice from guys on here, I use the stainless ASC mags only. Their top notch. I had some issues with PMags recently and no longer have any faith in them.
Tagged.
'Smoker,
I'll gladly pay shipping if you'll ditch those pmags my way
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
Mine shoots little bitty groups with factory Fiocchi 50 gr V-Max. It’s a bunch of fun for the money.

I ditch the factory P-Mags in everything now. After taking advice from guys on here, I use the stainless ASC mags only. Their top notch. I had some issues with PMags recently and no longer have any faith in them.

Not a fan of the PMag either. Loading it, it was constantly wanting to spread apart and wedge two cartridges SxS. Seemed to feed alright though. I had picked up a stack of Brownells 20rnd'ers that worked great.

These I think:
https://www.brownells.com/magazines/rifle-magazines/magazines/ar-15-20rd-magazine-ss-223-5-56-prod71748.aspx?avs%7cCapacity_1=20-Round

Granted, My experience with AR's is next to nill.
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker

#1 son has one. He mounted a Burris TAC30 on his as he wanted a CQB rifle. He loves it. I gave him several ASC mags for Christmas as they are my favorite, too.

Ed
i think its an excellent rifle , i own a ruger ar 556 with i added a free float 15" handaguard /alg trigger /daniel defense furniture /nickle boron bcg , bushnell ar 4-12 ar scope with nikon p223 mounts as well i have a vortex strikefire 11
had many ar/s and like this one the best cant go wrong with ruger!
I own an MPR. very accurate rifle. I would rate it as a best buy.
© 24hourcampfire