Home
Posted By: passport Muzzle brake/flash hider - 03/15/18
Need to get one, any recommendations?
What are you trying to accomplish as primary? Muzzle movement reduction of flash suppression?

If I want muzzle movement & recoil reduction, I've been using a BattleComp or a Griffin M4SD or a BCM MOD 0 or MOD 1 Compensator. The BattleComp is the most effective, almost to the point of moving the muzzle in a negative direction; the other 2 are about the same level of effectiveness.

If you just want a flash hider, BCM, Griffin, KAC, Seekins all make good products, IMO.........I especially like the KAC's.

MM
Posted By: Grand Re: Muzzle brake/flash hider - 03/20/18
As MM said, depends on your application/goal.

Here is a a good read: http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2016/10/jeremy-s/ar-15-muzzle-brake-shootout-3/

The two prior tests are worth reading as well.

I like the Gamma VG6 and VG6 Epsilon as a good compromise between bulk, noise and performance.
Posted By: tmax264 Re: Muzzle brake/flash hider - 03/20/18
I found a brake on the internet that has an outside thread for a "forcing cone" for use near others that pushes the sound and blast more forward and away from others. It also so happens to be the same outside thread as certain oil filters. Haven't gotten one yet but plan on it.
we are truly a bunch of gear whores. laughing.
Posted By: bja105 Re: Muzzle brake/flash hider - 03/21/18
Does a flash hider do anything for me if I am not shooting at people in low light? I am considering a thread protector on my next one.
A flash hider is to protect your vision in low light. I shot a deer last year at almost the end of legal hunting light with a 300 WSM and had no idea whether I hit it or not because the bloom of incandescent gases destroyed my vision for probably 10 seconds. Luckily it was DRT.
Posted By: Yondering Re: Muzzle brake/flash hider - 03/21/18
They do a great job of protecting the barrel crown as well.
© 24hourcampfire