Home
Posted By: 10gaugemag AR-10 80% lowers - 02/09/19
Getting ready to order some AR-10 lowers and am wondering what is the best bang for the buck.

Looking at 7075 billet lowers and am finding a big spread on price. All I am looking at are US made but range in price from $80 for an AMT to $140 for a Pacific Defense and everywhere in between.

What are your alls recommendations?
Posted By: Yondering Re: AR-10 80% lowers - 02/09/19
I'd recommend whatever matches the upper you want to use. Don't assume they all fit, AR10 / AR308 receivers are not all the same pattern like AR15. Finding the lowest price somewhere doesn't help much if it doesn't fit your upper.

Personally, I prefer my large frame uppers and lowers to come from the same manufacturer so they fit correctly.
Posted By: 10gaugemag Re: AR-10 80% lowers - 02/09/19
It will be a DPMS pattern and the company of the upper I am considering, Eisenech Arms, doesn't make lowers.
Posted By: Yondering Re: AR-10 80% lowers - 02/09/19
I've run into a couple "DPMS pattern" uppers that don't fit other brands of "DPMS pattern" lowers. Just sayin...
Posted By: antelope_sniper Re: AR-10 80% lowers - 02/09/19
Originally Posted by Yondering
I'd recommend whatever matches the upper you want to use. Don't assume they all fit, AR10 / AR308 receivers are not all the same pattern like AR15. Finding the lowest price somewhere doesn't help much if it doesn't fit your upper.

Personally, I prefer my large frame uppers and lowers to come from the same manufacturer so they fit correctly.

There seems to be less variance in the Armalite pattern uppers and lowers.

I generally avoid anything labeled DPMS....
Posted By: 10gaugemag Re: AR-10 80% lowers - 02/09/19
Originally Posted by Yondering
I've run into a couple "DPMS pattern" uppers that don't fit other brands of "DPMS pattern" lowers. Just sayin...

Just going off of the recommendations of Eisenach Arms for their EA-30 upper.

Still looking for a good quality 80% lower if anybody has some recommendations. Wanting the best bang for my money.
An 80% lower is an 80% lower! The bang is how good you do your 20% part.
Posted By: antelope_sniper Re: AR-10 80% lowers - 02/10/19
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter

In a small frame AR that's true, perhaps not so much for the Large Frames with multiple patterns.
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

In a small frame AR that's true, perhaps not so much for the Large Frames with multiple patterns.

It still holds 100% True! You just need to match your upper and lower up on the AR10. It isn't rocket science, they are still Lego's.
Posted By: 10gaugemag Re: AR-10 80% lowers - 02/10/19

So the cheapest are as good as the more expensive??
Posted By: Worstenemy453 Re: AR-10 80% lowers - 02/10/19
Any reason you want an 80% other than the no numbers?

GoBallisticFirearms are very nice billet lowers 100%
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag

Yes as far as I am concerned they are. But I will say this My buddy bought the 5D Tactical jig and it is the best I have seen. I had the 80% Arms jig, it was good but not as good as the 5D Tactical. My suggestion to anyone wanting a first class finished product is to either use Marginless Drill bits on your holes or a step reamer. I have used both Marginless and step reamers. The holes are perfect either way. I hope this helps you out.

Unless you just want an unknown lower, I would personally just buy a matcher set from Seekins.

Scratch the Seekins. I thought they had the upper and lower only. They only have the Upper, Lower, and hand guard it looks like. It is expensive, you are looking for cheaper.
The GoBallisticsfirearms is $109 for the lower and no messing with it. Might be a good road for you to go down. Unless you want no numbers

Yes as far as I am concerned they are. But I will say this My buddy bought the 5D Tactical jig and it is the best I have seen. I had the 80% Arms jig, it was good but not as good as the 5D Tactical. My suggestion to anyone wanting a first class finished product is to either use Marginless Drill bits on your holes or a step reamer. I have used both Marginless and step reamers. The holes are perfect either way. I hope this helps you out.

Unless you just want an unknown lower, I would personally just buy a matcher set from Seekins.

Looking at the Modulus jig.
I'll check it out, haven't seen it.
A lot like the 5D. Probably not a nickles difference.
Looking at the Modulus jig.

Looks like a copy of the 5D Tactical.
Posted By: g5m Re: AR-10 80% lowers - 02/10/19
Happy Birthday MontanaCreekHunter!
Originally Posted by g5m
Happy Birthday MontanaCreekHunter!

Thank you!
© 24hourcampfire