Home
Anyone making ammo just for this application?
No.
Get a suppressor.

It's a rifle round. There isn't going to be any such thing as "low flash" ammo unless you severely download it. About the best you can do is load stick powders.
Used my google-fu and found this.

Hornady BLACK Ammunition 5.56x45mm NATO 75 Grain Interlock HD SBR
Originally Posted by Tyrone
No.
Get a suppressor.

It's a rifle round. There isn't going to be any such thing as "low flash" ammo unless you severely download it. About the best you can do is load stick powders.

This is incorrect.

David,

The Speer Goldot 75gr and Hornady SBR 75gr Interlock are the two that I’d be looking at.
Thanks,

The Speer gold dot is much less expensive!

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/spe...gton-ammo-75-grain-sp-24475-p-78208.aspx
Originally Posted by Formidilosus
No.
Get a suppressor.

This is incorrect.
Exactly what is wrong about it?
"Low flash" is a relative term. There isn't any ammo that is going to be "low flash" relative to a 20" barrel.
Probably not what you are looking for, but I picked up a CMMG 22LR adaptor for times when I want to tame the beast.

[Linked Image]
[quote=Formidilosus][quote=Tyrone]No.
There isn't any ammo that is going to be "low flash" relative to a 20" barrel.

Incorrect. There is ammo that is specifically designed with powders that offer almost no perceived muzzle flash with an A2 type muzzle device on a 10.5” barrel.
Hornady SBR Black...................

Lowered velocity, low flash, low noise.

MM
Powder selection is huge when we're trying for low/no flash. Even as handloaders, we have the ability to create our own low flash loads for short barrels (generally with some compromise in velocity); the big manufacturers like Hornady have even more flexibility with powders that are not available to us.
Everybody is saying there are low flash powders but nobody is giving examples...
In rifles you are generally going to get less flash with stick powders like AR Comp, Varget, RE15, etc than with ball powders.
Originally Posted by UPhiker
Everybody is saying there are low flash powders but nobody is giving examples...

Give Hornady a call & ask what they are suing in their Black SBR ammo..................................

MM
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Originally Posted by UPhiker

Give Hornady a call & ask what they are suing in their Black SBR ammo..................................

MM

Hornady- oh little bit of this, little bit of that, and a touch of love..
TAC and CFE223 both have flash retardant in them
Just about any powder but H335. I like fast burning powders that burn up in the barrel like AA2015, RL10x, IMR3031.

kwg
© 24hourcampfire