Home
Posted By: 79S Karri’s ar15 - 08/16/19
I have no idea how good they are, my buddy has used them said they were pretty good. I bought a pistol upper from them and fast shipping

https://karrisguns.com/weekend-deal
Posted By: 79S Re: Karri’s ar15 - 08/21/19
I got my pistol, upper from them today. Everything looks good and fast shipping. I get the rest on Thursday, I will let you all know how it's runs on Saturday.
Posted By: rost495 Re: Karri’s ar15 - 08/23/19
interested to see how it works
Posted By: 79S Re: Karri’s ar15 - 08/23/19
Originally Posted by rost495

Well karris uses usps for shipping I got the upper on Tuesday, one day early. Psa uses ups and it went from being here Thursday (today), to Friday to now being delivered Monday. Psa really needs to change carriers.
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Karri’s ar15 - 08/23/19
Originally Posted by 79S

Well karris uses usps for shipping I got the upper on Tuesday, one day early. Psa uses ups and it went from being here Thursday (today), to Friday to now being delivered Monday. Psa really needs to change carriers.

I hate UPS!!!
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Karri’s ar15 - 08/23/19

I hate UPS!!![/quote]

That's funny.

Most things i receive shipped UPS, are delivered by USPS.
Postal overcharges for letter shipment (they have a legal monopoly, so they can)
and uses that business to subsidize package delivery. Undercutting private business.

So,
It's cheaper for UPS to just ship it postal, than to handle it themselves.
Posted By: Hudge Re: Karri’s ar15 - 08/23/19
Originally Posted by 79S

Part of PSA's problem are themselves. I ordered a special stripped lower they had my son wanted. I ordered it two weeks ago Wednesday. I got an email from PSA saying it had shipped Monday morning. I finally logged into the UPS website Wednesday and it said "shipping label printed". Finally as of lunch yesterday, it finally shipped. The upper my son ordered is just as bad. I got an email saying it was shipped on Wednesday, as of last night, the UPS website says "shipping label printed". Oh, and I think USPS sucks. Many times we have had emails saying our package was delivered, only to get it a day or two later.
Posted By: antelope_sniper Re: Karri’s ar15 - 08/23/19
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

I hate UPS!!!

That's funny.

Most things i receive shipped UPS, are delivered by USPS.
Postal overcharges for letter shipment (they have a legal monopoly, so they can)
and uses that business to subsidize package delivery. Undercutting private business.

So,
It's cheaper for UPS to just ship it postal, than to handle it themselves.[/quote]

UPS sometimes uses USPS for the "last mile". They ship it to the local market themselves, then dump it into the mail for final delivery to the customers home. It's cheaper for them to do this, and they also charge less for this service, but I really don't like it. USPS sucks around here.
Posted By: TWR Re: Karri’s ar15 - 08/23/19
It's called mail innovations or something like that and it's USPS's idea to get freight cheaper than they can haul it themselves. UPS gets it to the PO and USPS will let it sit there for a day or three until they decide to quit walking around it.

I tracked a package to my PO and a buddy who used to work for them said ya it's here but they won't let us dig through it, it'll get delivered in a day or two.

As much as I cuss them, UPS is pretty efficient.
Posted By: 79S Re: Karri’s ar15 - 08/23/19
My parts as of yesterday were still sitting in Kentucky at the distribution center. I guess there was/is a storm going through Kentucky.. also ups delivers it to the house. No usps middleman thing for me. I have had only 1 bad deal with usps. But in the end it was fixed.
Posted By: TWR Re: Karri’s ar15 - 08/23/19
I had a next day air package hung up due to storms in Kentucky yesterday. But it arrived today and no one took it too bad.
Posted By: rost495 Re: Karri’s ar15 - 08/23/19
I'm not going to guess that with good deals and all the politics I hear going on that PSA might be a bit behind on life.

As to UPS/ USPS I can't say I see any difference overall. Both can be ahead, behind or on time.

Of course quite a few years ago I tried to get ahead of the curve and never be at the point I needed or wanted something yesterday or even in the next few weeks. Makes life a bit more relaxing not really caring.
Posted By: 79S Re: Karri’s ar15 - 08/24/19
Originally Posted by TWR
I had a next day air package hung up due to storms in Kentucky yesterday. But it arrived today and no one took it too bad.

Well I get home today guess what’s on the porch my package.. I will take it!
Posted By: cra1948 Re: Karri’s ar15 - 08/24/19
First world problems are a bitch.... Those of us who can remember when mail order was actually mail order don't mind so much the way things are today. If you mailed an order back in the day, with a check for payment, you truly did "..allow 4 - 6 weeks for delivery." You could maybe knock a week off that if you got a postal money order instead.

It was always exciting getting a package in the mail from Herter's or Netcraft or somewhere. Usually you'd forgotten what you ordered and it was just like Christmas.

All that said, if I order something today from Bugfuk Histadonia and don't have it within 48 hours I get all bent out of shape.
Posted By: rost495 Re: Karri’s ar15 - 08/24/19
Supposed to get crankier as I age. I find I get mostly much more mellow. Realizing how much most things DON"T matter. Heck I have no clue if I"ll take another breath or be alive tomorrow. So shipping is least of my worries really.

Though I'm not old yet, IMHO, and that can all change.
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Karri’s ar15 - 08/24/19
Glad to hear it arrived. Now on to building and shootung and let us know if its worth a scheit..
Posted By: tater74 Re: Karri’s ar15 - 08/27/19
I've used Karri's several times and always had good service and prices.
Posted By: 79S Re: Karri’s ar15 - 08/31/19
Shot it yesterday minus one round being a dud it ran just fine. I’m going to need to put Reddot sight on it.
Posted By: rost495 Re: Karri’s ar15 - 09/01/19
Nice. Good luck on Ducks in the morning.

Wish me luck on silvers.. LOL. No bait Sept 1, run about gone, etc.. thankfully our very last trip is Sept 8, I fly to moose camp Sept 10 out of Merril field to give a helping hand.
© 24hourcampfire