Home
I have a PTR 9CT and I'm looking for suggestions on a rail mounted reflex/red dot sight. I would like a nice wide field of view for quick target acquisition. Looking for a sight that I do not have to remove to replace the battery. Not looking to break the bank ( well it's broke now since I purchased the PTR) Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated....Thanks!!
I've been on the verge of ordering one of those in carbine form for about a year now. What's your opinion of the PTR 9CT? I have the PTR H&K 91 clone and like it a lot.

This is the carbine version: There's talk of making a dummy suppressor to cover over the exposed barrel. Comes with proprietary M-Lock forearm.

[Linked Image from i.ytimg.com]
PS Get an Aimpoint Micro T2 red dot for it.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

That and a brace is how I'd set it up.

FP,

Let us know how you like it.

I imagine I'm not the only one here who would like to read your range report.
If you’re trying to save a little coin, buy a holosun. These guns bring back a lot memories. This is the first type I have seen with the integrated rail on top
I've been on the verge of ordering one of those in carbine form for about a year now. What's your opinion of the PTR 9CT?

Hawkeye,
I just bought the PTR online yesterday. I'll let you know my thoughts as soon as I get some rounds thru it.
Originally Posted by avonac
If you’re trying to save a little coin, buy a holosun. These guns bring back a lot memories. This is the first type I have seen with the integrated rail on top

Yup, if you're trying to save some coin, one of the Holosun models or the Primary Arms MD-ADS which is a Holosun itself. Get one of the models with 50,000 hour battery life; they'll be ~$170-$230 at regular price but have been on sale cheaper lately. They use Aimpoint H1/T1 mounts and have a good reputation.
Originally Posted by Yondering
Originally Posted by avonac

Yup, if you're trying to save some coin, one of the Holosun models or the Primary Arms MD-ADS which is a Holosun itself. Get one of the models with 50,000 hour battery life; they'll be ~$170-$230 at regular price but have been on sale cheaper lately. They use Aimpoint H1/T1 mounts and have a good reputation.

Can you leave a Holosun or Primary Arms model on constantly for years like I do my Aimpoint T2?
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

That and a brace is how I'd set it up.

FP,

Let us know how you like it.

I imagine I'm not the only one here who would like to read your range report.

I bought the SB Tactical 3 position adjustable brace.
The aimpoint is a little more than I'm looking to spend at this time. I've heard good things about the Holosun. They just seem to have a small field of view. I think I'm looking more for a reflex vs a tube sight.
Originally Posted by flyphishr
The aimpoint is a little more than I'm looking to spend at this time. I've heard good things about the Holosun. They just seem to have a small field of view. I think I'm looking more for a reflex vs a tube sight.

The Holosun and PA models we're talking about are the same format as the Aimpoint H1/T1/etc, just a miniature red dot sight. It's not a magnified optic, the field of view depends how close it is to your eye, and is pretty much the same as the Aimpoint versions. That's a totally different thing than talking about field of view in a magnified optic.

The functional difference between a "reflex" sight like an RMR vs a tube sight like an Aimpoint T1 is just the housing; they both work the same way and the "field of view" is pretty much irrelevant.
Think i'm going to go with the Holosun HS510C

Holosun makes them, too.
Think i'm going to go with the Holosun HS510C

Good choice. Looks like a miniature Eotech 512.
Yes but a bit smaller. Seen quite a few videos comparing the two. Some people liked it better and it's quite a bit cheaper. Has an auto on auto off motion feature and solar backup to its 50k battery life. Got it for $240 tax and shipping from optics planet. The had a 14% off coupon for Red dots. Should work out just fine.
The only problem with that style of dot sight is getting a flip up dust cover for them. I've got one on my Eotech 512, but it was a major deal installing it. You had to take a lot of stuff apart. It's a whole major deal, whereas on an Aimpoint type tube red dot sight, you just put them on each end and that's it.
I have a sight mark mounted on a S&W mp-22. I'm thinking that the neoprene cover that came with that may work on the holosun.
I prefer a flip up for a tactical application.
Just for storage/ travel.
Ran about 300 Rds through it today. Love the PTR and the holosun. Now the 8 month wait for the supressor.

Attached picture 6727911F-AB45-411D-9249-58D3CFCA223C.jpeg
Fly,

Does the brace fold?

If it does, what's the overall length when folded?
The Brace is collapsible. When collapsed, the overall length is 21 1/8 measuring from the end of the thread protector to back of brace.

Attached picture BFC24B81-A72D-4B75-942F-A6736648D779.jpeg
Ran about 300 Rds through it today. Love the PTR and the holosun. Now the 8 month wait for the supressor.

Nice.
Thanks.
© 24hourcampfire