Home
Posted By: TWR Geissele single stage - 11/20/19
In classifieds
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/14295157#Post14295157
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: Geissele single stage - 11/20/19
Didn't like it, eh?

MM
Posted By: TWR Re: Geissele single stage - 11/20/19
I bought a straight bow and like it better. Can’t explain the difference because they both hit my scale at 3.5 lbs but I want both of my single stages to be flat. I might stick this one in my 15-22 that I bought for Steel Challenge, it’s pretty fast and has a good reset.

We will see...
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Didn't like it, eh?

MM

I love my CMC, more than i thought i would. Its 2 3/4 pounds, right on the money. However, its a flat/straight bow. Sounds like TWR is wanting something more along those lines.
Posted By: TWR Re: Geissele single stage - 11/22/19
I shoot a few flat triggers and am beginning to like them. The flat SSP I have already is my preference. I’m hoping to move this curved one at $75 under the current pricing in hopes of picking up another flat trigger on Black Friday. I think last year they were $200 on sale. I’m still saving someone $35 for a like new trigger they can try.
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: Geissele single stage - 11/22/19
I don't have any problem with the curved triggers & all my 2-stage triggers are curved.

But on the other hand, all my single stage triggers, except an Elf are all flat, & I think I do prefer the flat trigger a little better.

I bought 2 of the new Lantac (Rise made) flat single stage triggers & like them a lot, at least as much as I like Elf. I also have one of the Rise RA-535's & it's excellent too & is the reason I tried the Lantac's.

Have not tried or used a Geiselle single stage.

MM
Posted By: TWR Re: Geissele single stage - 11/22/19
I tried 3 of the Rise Armament triggers and they are nice. I just know Geissele’s products and decided to stay with them. Though I have more 2 stage triggers, my off hand shooting seems to be better with a single stage. I joke and say it’s because I pull as the dot or cross hairs move over the target and a single stage hits quicker with less room for error. Might be some truth in there...

I know follow ups are faster.

I also want to keep both single stage triggers different than my 2 stages just because.
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: Geissele single stage - 11/22/19
This is the Rise trigger that I have & it's their top of the line unit; I think it's the same as the one they are now making for Lantac & this is a helluva price. Very crisp, almost no overtravel & a very fast reset.

Also a link to the new Lantac's; I have the new ones & also one of the previous version made for them by CMC & I think the new ones are better.

Also a link to a bunch of single stage trigger reviews & data. With the ones I have, his assements are pretty much spot on, IMO.

Rise Trigger Sale

New Lantac Made by Rise

Single Stage Trigger Tests

MM
Posted By: Bluedreaux Re: Geissele single stage - 11/28/19
How is it compared to their 3Gun trigger?
Posted By: TWR Re: Geissele single stage - 11/28/19
I haven’t tried a 3 gun, headed that way and most reviews didn’t like the surprise break or lack of a wall so I went with the SSP instead.
Posted By: TWR Re: Geissele single stage - 11/28/19
If you want to try it I’ll send it to you, either send it back or a check. It’s in a spare gun so no biggie.
Posted By: RenoH414 Re: Geissele single stage - 11/29/19
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
How is it compared to their 3Gun trigger?

I run both the SSP and the SD3G and they are very very close in the way they feel. I’ve read the SSP has a little quicker reset than the SD3G but I can’t tell the difference in my guns. I use 2 of the SSP and 2 of the SD3G and they all have the predictable Geissele reliability and function. You can switch from either SSP or either SD3G and they all feel the exact same. That’s what I love about Geissele; the repeatability between different triggers is spot on. You always know what you’re going to get when you buy them.

Reno
Posted By: jimmyp Re: Geissele single stage - 11/29/19
I tried the hiperfire over the 3 gun, no surprise break but offers similar performance.
Posted By: TWR Re: Geissele single stage - 11/30/19
Just a heads up, Geissele has them new for $168 BF sale priced so I'm gonna stick mine in my 15-22 and just buy another trigger.
Posted By: TWR Re: Geissele single stage - 11/30/19
Had a pistol match this morning but afterwards I tried the SSP in my 15-22. I was concerned that the heavy hammer spring might not work with a 22 rimfire and the blue spring that comes with the gun made it a 2.5 lb trigger which is too light for me.

I loaded 2 mags with a box of CCI SV and it never missed a beat. Reset is short and it'll be perfect for steel challenge. Of course I now have a $200 trigger in a $300 gun but that's beside the point...
Posted By: Bluedreaux Re: Geissele single stage - 12/01/19
Originally Posted by TWR
If you want to try it I’ll send it to you, either send it back or a check. It’s in a spare gun so no biggie.

I appreciate it. I ordered a LaRue single stage to try and save a few bucks. If it doesn't work out I'll holler at you.
Posted By: TWR Re: Geissele single stage - 12/01/19
Let me know about the LaRue, I usually like his products but reviews weren't that great on the SS.

As for the SSP, it's found a home in my 15-22
© 24hourcampfire