Home
Never been huge into the AR scene, though I do have a couple just because.

Lately I've had a wild hair to get an AR pistol. Looking at 5.56 - not into Grendel, BLK or anything else. Looks like they range from cheap to as much as you want to spend. Came across the SA Saint/Saint Victor/Saint Edge pistol platforms. Do they suck? Are they great? Discuss.
I am interested too.

I like the model with the disipator.
it has a nitrided barrel, short of that I know nothing about it. For a fun gun nitride is fine, for a hard use gun chrome is still better, I am sure the nitride fans will show up but ask them why does Uncle Sam still chrome his barrels now that the miracle of nitride has appeared ?
Yeah I have been looking at AR pistols too. Just at the gun counter a few days ago. Mostly looked at the springfield and the ruger because it was what was in stock. I am wanting to stick with the 10" +- barrel lengths.

The saiint edge has folding sights but I do not like the collapsible brace. It has a little lever that will snag and is fine motor skill challenged. Further the rails are in the thumb space near the safety.
The ruger imo has a better brace and a trimmer forend but no sight(which i can remedy)
For some reason they used a non sandard BCG...wtf? I need to find out if they will run with a standard BCG.
Between the two I would go ruger but I am still lookin. BTW I got a buddy with a blade brace on one and it sucks. Slips an scrapes the buffer tube and get that sucker on your collar bone and not pleasant.
No love then I guess...
I built acRRA pistol with a 7.5 barrel. Fun to shoot but make sure you double up ear protect... really loud and quite a concussion. After the novelty wore off, I got rid of it. There was some talk about making sure you don’t have a spare rifle lower near you pistol... might be interpreted as a SBR...
Here's the new version:

I’m leaning more towards the palmetto AK pistol in 9mm ... more fun I think
Originally Posted by RickyBobby
I’m leaning more towards the palmetto AK pistol in 9mm ... more fun I think

They will have their version of the MP5 out this year as well. Price point should be around $1200.00.
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Here's the new version:

I want bof....dirty fingernails on a chick don't bother me.
A couple buddies of mine have them. I put a mag through one today. Nobody I know that has one is dissatisfied. We’re in the the market I’d be a buyer.
Shot another one today, not sure which model, had some upgrades. Was very badass. Now I think I'm going to start saving my pennies. I believe it was the Edge.
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Shot another one today, not sure which model, had some upgrades. Was very badass. Now I think I'm going to start saving my pennies. I believe it was the Edge.

I fondled one over the weekend. Still on the fence though - lotta shekels
Originally Posted by hillestadj

oodles of shekels. That one was $1200 when he got it, like 1400 now. But damn it was sweet.
There's no substitute for a no-stamp SBR.

I highly, highly, highly, doubt Springfield is putting out bad AR's.

Buy.
Originally Posted by hillestadj

oodles of shekels. That one was $1200 when he got it, like 1400 now. But damn it was sweet.

Cheap bastard.

Just fugking buy one.
Saint Victor is the model I am thinking about. 7.5 inch barrel.

Ruger has some, for the price, they might be worth looking at.
I'll tell you guys, I went into the AR pistol the low budget route. Built a lower from a PSA stripped, maybe $175 or so with the SBA3 brace. Then I've accumulated three PSA pistol uppers since then. I've got 10.5" 5.56, 10.5" 7.62x39, and an 11.5" 5.56. These uppers sell for like $229 with BCG and CH.

They have all ran trouble free for hundreds of rounds.

Yesterday I was out with the 10.5" 7.62x39. Shooting transitions between 25 yards and 50 yards. Then cranked up the rear drum and was plinking away at 500 yards. It's just ridiculous.

The 7.62x39, and my 25/50 target setup.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Some 11.5" goodness in 5.56,

What do you think of the 7.5 or 9 inch models.
Originally Posted by viking
What do you think of the 7.5 or 9 inch models.

I'm good at 10.5" or a bit more. Ballistics-to-blast tradeoff is acceptable to me.

Going shorter than 10.5" would make sense if compactness was critical. For me it isn't.
MM, Do you notice any worthwhile differences between the 10.5" and the 11.5"?
Tyrone, I haven't had any reliability issues with either.

We all know the 11.5 offers more velocity, less blast, and longer dwell time. There is a certain physical and psychological advantage there. Is it enough to matter in the practical employment of either rig? Probably not.

My first pistol upper was the 5.56 in 10.5". I kind of wanted an 11.5", but to build one up from scratch, would have cost probably $450 or so. When I saw the 10.5" from PSA an $229, I said heck with it, I'm going to try this out. I had been eyeing an 11.5" HRT profile barrel that Stag Arms was selling at the time (I don't see them listed anymore).

So My preference was/is 11.5". I kind of 'settled' on a 10.5", and it is just fine. Then added the 11.5" from PSA a few months later when I saw that PSA was now offering an 11.5".
Here's the 10.5" upper from PSA. It's a solid shooter.

100 yards, M855, iron sights,

With the Primary Arms 5X prism,

Hard to see, but with the CMMG 22LR adaptor,

Those short barrels hurt my ears just to look at them...
They are loud. The 7.62x39 isn't as bad as the 5.56. No experience with the 300BO, but it might be one of the better mannered of the lot, without stepping down to traditional pistol chamberings.

I only shoot outdoors. At an indoor range, they would be quite obnoxious.
M1 carbine is handy - AR pistol is sublime.
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
I'll tell you guys, I went into the AR pistol the low budget route. Built a lower from a PSA stripped, maybe $175 or so with the SBA3 brace. Then I've accumulated three PSA pistol uppers since then. I've got 10.5" 5.56, 10.5" 7.62x39, and an 11.5" 5.56. These uppers sell for like $229 with BCG and CH.

They have all ran trouble free for hundreds of rounds.

Yesterday I was out with the 10.5" 7.62x39. Shooting transitions between 25 yards and 50 yards. Then cranked up the rear drum and was plinking away at 500 yards. It's just ridiculous.

The 7.62x39, and my 25/50 target setup.

Some 11.5" goodness in 5.56,

That 7.62 sounds awesome. I went the 5.56 PSA upper and it works but considered the 7.62.
© 24hourcampfire