Home
The grip on my AR I traded into has a grip that's just not getting it.
What's the most comfortable replacement grip for your AR?
I greatly prefer the Magpul K2.

BCM mod 3
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
I greatly prefer the Magpul K2.

^^^ This
I have an ERGO suregrip on one and like it as much as the BCM.
Magpul K2+ for me.
I was using the K2 on all of mine, except I recently bought some of the B5 Systems "Type 23" grips, and liked it enough to buy more after the first one. It's pretty similar to the K2 grip, but slightly more vertical (which is why I chose the K2 over other more angled grips). AimSurplus has them for $8.95 right now: https://aimsurplus.com/b5-systems-type-23-p-grip-23-od-green/

I prefer a more vertical grip like these when shooting prone, and haven't found any downside to it in other positions. Grips like the standard Magpul MOE are too angled for my tastes.
K2+ is the best feeling grip ive had.
I've never had problem with stock. BUT since y'all are pushing other grips I may have to see if I stumble across one.

We tried a big fat fancy thing years ago with a ledge on the bottom that was adjustable and it was horrible feeling.
Thanks for the responses guys. I'll have to give the Magpul K2 a try. With that many recommendations it certainly can't be a bad choice.
What bothers me most about the stock grip is the finger ledge thingy. The overall shape isn't very comfortable either.
Originally Posted by rost495
I've never had problem with stock. BUT since y'all are pushing other grips I may have to see if I stumble across one.

We tried a big fat fancy thing years ago with a ledge on the bottom that was adjustable and it was horrible feeling.

I prefer the old A1 over the A2. Do not like that finger groove on the A2.
Originally Posted by m_stevenson
Thanks for the responses guys. I'll have to give the Magpul K2 a try. With that many recommendations it certainly can't be a bad choice.
What bothers me most about the stock grip is the finger ledge thingy. The overall shape isn't very comfortable either.

Some are saying K2, others K2+. Keep in mind there is a difference.
Mission First Tactical Engage v2 is pretty awesome for a lightweight, compartment-less grip. Very comfortable.

I prefer the old A1 over the A2. Do not like that finger groove on the A2.[/quote]

I grind the dog knot off A2 grips and stretch a piece of bicycle inner tube over the grip. Non slip, just enough 'cushion',
I like the K2 aswell, though that “type 23” looks the same kind of useful.
FAB defense AG 43.
If ya got tenderfoot hands AGR 43.
I prefer the moe+ rubberized grip on both my ar15 and ak.
© 24hourcampfire