Home
Posted By: remingtonman Accura 300 blkout bullet - 04/06/20
What do you guys shooting 300blkout think about these bullets? How do they feed,function and shoot?
https://www.natchezss.com/accura-premiu ... 00-pk.html
Posted By: Tyrone Re: Accura 300 blkout bullet - 04/06/20
That URL got whacked.
What bullets are they?
120 gr bonded spitzer

https://www.natchezss.com/accura-pr...-308-120-gr-spitzer-point-sp-500-pk.html
Posted By: rost495 Re: Accura 300 blkout bullet - 04/06/20
at blackout speeds I don't think I"d be looking for bonded. But then the only reason for a blackout for me is subs. Even super sonics are not very fast and hence a tougher bullet isn't what I'd be after.

Ballistic tips, which I hate with a passion, run just right, 125 grain out of 7.62x39 speeds and act like a normal bullet at those speeds.

YMMV
Originally Posted by rost495
at blackout speeds I don't think I"d be looking for bonded. But then the only reason for a blackout for me is subs. Even super sonics are not very fast and hence a tougher bullet isn't what I'd be after.

Ballistic tips, which I hate with a passion, run just right, 125 grain out of 7.62x39 speeds and act like a normal bullet at those speeds.

YMMV

Id also be looking at a ballistic tip or game king, or interlock at those sedate speeds. Absolutely no need at all for a bonded or premium controlled expansion bullet.
Posted By: Tyrone Re: Accura 300 blkout bullet - 04/07/20
Never heard of them.
Posted By: tex_n_cal Re: Accura 300 blkout bullet - 04/07/20
125gr Ballistic Tips work very well out of the .300, over a charge of Lil'Gun - Hodgdon has data online, and you can get 125's up to about 2400 fps out of a 16" barrel, which is a good deal above factory loads. They kill hogs & deer pretty effectively, and I load it in the house gun as well.
Posted By: Yondering Re: Accura 300 blkout bullet - 04/08/20
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by rost495

YMMV

Id also be looking at a ballistic tip or game king, or interlock at those sedate speeds. Absolutely no need at all for a bonded or premium controlled expansion bullet.

The bullets the OP is asking about are neither bonded or premium - they are a plated bullet. The title and the box both say bonded, but that's bad advertising IMO; the description says they are plated. To the OP - that means a pure soft core, and a thin soft copper coating over the lead. Even a coated cast bullet holds up better in the barrel.

I would not waste my money on a plated bullet for 300 Blk supersonic loads unless you're just looking for the cheapest thing that'll go bang. I'd pass and find something else.

For a cheap bullet that shoots well in the Blackout, look for the 125gr TNT.

For hunting bullets the 125gr Nosler BT is a great choice, and also a good shooter.
Posted By: ldholton Re: Accura 300 blkout bullet - 04/09/20
I like 125 TNT.
Posted By: rost495 Re: Accura 300 blkout bullet - 04/09/20
for super sonic loads the Barnes 110 or 115, can't recall which is is, tac x with the long black plastic tip is the cats zzz.. .subsonic the 194 Lehigh is unbelievable performer.
© 24hourcampfire