Home
Posted By: John_Boy The newest contenders... - 06/28/20
Both have matching barrels. Standard and heavy in both.
223 & 22lr.......

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Gotta say: I always liked the looks of the G1 frames over the G2's. Those are pretty setups. Who made the barrels? I have come to loathe T/C-made barrels.
Posted By: John_Boy Re: The newest contenders... - 06/28/20
Three are TC. One is S&W. The standard taper TC is lights out accurate. I've just aquired the other three so I can't say for them.
I hope they shoot as good as they look! I go with aftermarket barrels anymore. MGM produced the last two I bought.
Posted By: rickt300 Re: The newest contenders... - 07/01/20
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
Gotta say: I always liked the looks of the G1 frames over the G2's. Those are pretty setups. Who made the barrels? I have come to loathe T/C-made barrels.

Why the loathing for TC barrels, I have yet to get a bad one on a Contender but I did get a bad Encore 243 barrel, they didn't run the finish reamer deep enough in the chamber. TC replaced it with a fine shooter for me.
Originally Posted by rickt300
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot

Why the loathing for TC barrels, I have yet to get a bad one on a Contender but I did get a bad Encore 243 barrel, they didn't run the finish reamer deep enough in the chamber. TC replaced it with a fine shooter for me.

I have had a couple that took an extensive break in period. One an icon and one on a Prohunter. Heavy fouling for the first 75 rounds. Visible tool marks etc. Once broke in however, these barrels do in fact shoot well.
© 24hourcampfire