Home
https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...-shot-rifles-and-shotguns-301103452.html

RICE LAKE, Wis., July 30, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Henry Repeating Arms Company announced that it is voluntarily recalling all H015-series Single Shot Rifles and Single Shot Shotguns manufactured prior to July 1, 2020. Henry has recently discovered a potential safety issue wherein, under certain conditions, it is possible that some of these models may discharge without the trigger being pulled if the hammer is partially cocked and released. To prevent the possibility of death or serious personal injury, you should immediately stop using all H015-series Single Shot Rifles and Single Shot Shotguns and not load or fire them until they have been upgraded.

Henry Repeating Arms Brass Single Shot Rifle (top) and Steel Single Shot Shotgun (bottom). All H015 models are affected by a new voluntary safety recall.
Henry Repeating Arms Brass Single Shot Rifle (top) and Steel Single Shot Shotgun (bottom). All H015 models are affected by a new voluntary safety recall.
The safety issue leading to this voluntary recall was discovered internally while testing the existing fire control system for a trigger pull upgrade. This is the first product safety recall in the company's nearly 25-year history. Although not every Henry H015-series firearm may be affected, Henry Repeating Arms is requesting that all Single Shot Rifles and Single Shot Shotguns be returned to be upgraded free of charge pursuant to this recall to prevent the possibility of the firearm discharging without the trigger being pulled. All H015 owners should visit the Henry H015 Recall website at HenryUSA.com/recall, email [email protected], or call 1-866-200-2354 (M-F, 9am ET-5pm ET) to obtain additional information and begin the upgrade process.

Henry Repeating Arms will upgrade all returned Single Shot Rifles and Single Shot Shotguns in the order in which they are received. Henry Repeating Arms is ready to begin performing the upgrade as the firearms are received. Information on the current turnaround time for firearms returned to be upgraded will be provided at HenryUSA.com/recall. Henry Repeating Arms will make every effort to minimize the amount of time required to upgrade and return your firearm. As a sign of appreciation to its customers, Henry Repeating Arms will also perform an unrelated performance upgrade to improve the trigger pull on all firearms returned pursuant to this recall free of charge.

Kind of interesting that this is their first recall in their 25 year history.
Whoops! Given their good record, they certainly get a thumbs up. The fact that they are throwing in a free trigger adjustment is great PR and further evidence that they do care about their customers.
I just picked up my first Henry, a 223, about a month ago. Glad to see they're being upfront with it and taking care of the issue.
Hope the trigger upgrade makes it a lot lighter. I changed the springs in mine and polished the contact surfaces. Filled out the online form this morning, so waiting on the shipping box. Which comes with a label, I hope. Henry has always been good in the past. Superb customer service in addition to what I think are fine firearms.
Thanks much for the heads-up! Already have the ball rolling.
Sent my form in last night. Putting my factory spring back in, removing the scope, and hammer extension today.
Not going to bother with putting the factory spring back in. I've got eight more.of the lighter ones. Had sent one to someone. I'm sure Henry knows people have changed out the spring and polished the surfaces. That is probably why they have done research into the trigger group and discovered the possible problem. They can't refuse to do the recall as it isn't a warranty issue. It is a safety/liability issue.
I bought the spring to do the replacement, then the recall was announced. Guess I'll let them do the trigger now and if I still don't like it I can always replace the spring then.
I bought a slightly used one in 30-30 on Wednesday and got the email Friday about the recall.
Just got my shipping label from Henry today. Gotta pull the scope, etc. I guess and get it on its way.

Originally Posted by akpls
Just got my shipping label from Henry today. Gotta pull the scope, etc. I guess and get it on its way.

Glad to here that. I sent mine in the day after you did, so any day now. Thanks.
Got emails with labels, but still waiting for my boxes.
What is the process? Labels? Shipping boxes?? Guess I’ll send my 357 SS back, too.
Thanks.
https://www.henryusa.com/recall/
Just registered the other day. Got a reply about the labels & box.
I received automated emails back on 8/2 that I would be contacted when approved and still waiting on approval.
Would be nice to get them back before hunting season.
Received this email on July 31, nothing since.....

Hi ,

Thank you for contacting Henry Repeating Arms regarding the H015 Recall and Upgrade. We have received your information and look forward to assisting you.

Your case will be approved as soon as possible in the order in which it was received.

As soon as your case has been approved by one of our customer service representatives you will receive another email from us with your case details for future reference and a shipping label.

Sincerely,

Henry Repeating Arms Customer Service
866-200-2354
I just received my approval email. A box and shipping label have been sent out to me. They say to remove all accessories.... hammer extension, scope rail, etc.
Boxes came today by mail with gummed labels inside. The inner box is the same as the guns came in; outer box heavier. Took them to a drop-off center and now they're cradled in the tender arms of UPS.
Henry is a great company. This will take some time but I have confidence they will make everything right.
UPS dropped-off my rifle at Henry today. No big hurry on my part, but it will be interesting to see how long the turnaround is. Been many many years since I've had to send a gun back to the manufacturer for work.
Mine's headed to Henry today. Got the approval last Monday, boxes came yesterday.
Ha! Mine are on their way home! Just got the email.

Pretty damn quick. Mine arrived at Henry Friday. Hope the new triggers are truly better.

So far, pretty impressed with their C.S.
My Henrys land tomorrow.
UPS tracking shows mine arriving to Henry tomorrow.
Got an email from Henry on the 26th that mine is on the way back. It arrived at Henry on the 24th.....can't complain about that turnaround!
Originally Posted by akpls
Got an email from Henry on the 26th that mine is on the way back. It arrived at Henry on the 24th.....can't complain about that turnaround!

Great news!!! If they can keep that two day pace I could possibly have mine home next friday....
Mine came home today. Trigger on the .410 is much improved, and the better of the two. The .308 seems about like it was after my spring swap, maybe a touch lighter. Might be my imagination, but letting down the hammer seems harder to do safely. For certain, the hammer-pull effort makes these a tough nut for someone with weak hands like a kid.

If you want something to worry about, read my UPS rant in the Hunter's Campfire Forum. I've calmed down and don't want to light the fuse again. Probably what I deserve after all the crap I've given Redgwell about his troubles.
Just got my boxes and shipping labels yesterday. I assume that when I get the scope, the mounts, hammer extension, etc. off then it just goes into the inner box, which goes into the outer box with return label on it and then I take it to UPS ? I've never shipped a gun before but I've shipped ammo to a guy in Louisiana a couple winters ago and my local UPS store wouldn't touch it and I had to take it to a regional center to let them do it. Is that how this deal is gonna be ?
I left the base on my .308. I taped both boxes very securely, so there was no possibility of them coming open. I took them to a UPS drop-off, not a UPS store, and handed them to the guy behind the counter. We didn't discuss the contents, probably because of the pre-paid label and insurance. When you ship yourself with insurance, you have to disclose what's in the box. Ammo has to be shipped like other potentially hazardous stuff to make sure it never ends up on a plane.
Got my boxes last week and dropped it off at a UPS store on Thursday. No questions about what was in the box. Haven't checked on arrival at Henry and probably won't. I had expected it to take two or three weeks once it got to Henry, so hearing the turn around is quick, is great. I suspect that most are having Henry sent the boxes, which gives them a lot of control over when and how many they get in. More great Henry customer service.
Thanks for the updates, guys. Taking stuff off mine today, packing it up, and will get it down to the UPS regional place this week. Sounds like they are doing a real good job of handling this.
Gotta give Anthony and the other folks at Henry their props for how well they're handling this. Quick and clean.

Never been a fan of their lever-guns, but these SSs are a screaming deal, better now with the improved triggers. I know there are a lot of H&R fans, but aside from the barrel swapping possible on most of those, the Henrys are just nicer guns. Might need another one.
I own both and the Henry is a much better quality rifle. In all fairness tho, the H&R's were always marketed as budget guns with the exception of the Ultra series guns.
Originally Posted by 4570fan
I own both and the Henry is a much better quality rifle. In all fairness tho, the H&R's were always marketed as budget guns with the exception of the Ultra series guns.
I'm in agreement with this. I have a couple of H&R's and they work just fine, but they're not on the same level as the Henry when it comes to the quality of workmanship.
The H&Rs are reputedly good shooters (never owned one), but have never seen one with a nice checkered stock like the Henrys have, often very nice.

At any rate, the H&Rs are gone from the market now. Too bad, because they are good guns too.
I always heard favorable comments about the H & R's also. Haven't even seen one in many years, though. That's why I wound up with a Henry. Got mine all packed, labeled and ready to go to the UPS regional joint tomorrow or Wed. Hope they do a good turnaround on this one.

Just got shipping info. My rifle arrived at Henry on Friday and it's shipping today, due here on Friday. Excellent turn around time!!

As for the H&R's. The rimmed cartridge calibers tend to be inherently very accurate. I've yet to see a 30/30 or 45/70 that didn't shoot great. The 243's are among the most finicky. The 270's and 500 S&W mag's tend to shoot themselves loose.
Just got mine back today. Hammer and trigger are like night and day compared to what it was before sending it in. I never got around to doing the spring swap, but there's no need to do so now. Well done Henry!
Got it down to UPS this afternoon. Quick & easy with no questions. Looked up my tracking number tonight and it's due to arrive at Henry this coming Friday. Can't wait to see what that trigger & hammer will be like. The trigger was a bit over five and a half pounds on a Lyman digital gauge but before I measured it I had guessed it was more like seven and a half pounds. That hammer spring was a real bear also.
Anybody wanna buy a bag of springs?
Well mine got there on 8-31 and it is scheduled to be delivered on Friday, 9-4.
Henry received mine at 9:44 A.M. this morning, ( 9-4 ). Hope it all goes as smooth as what I'm seeing in this thread.
She's home!! Dang I forgot how pretty the wood is. The trigger is much improved, even better than with the Grainger spring.
My rifle showed up today as promised. Fast turnaround for sure
Originally Posted by 4570fan
She's home!! Dang I forgot how pretty the wood is. The trigger is much improved, even better than with the Grainger spring.

Nonsense. Evebody know Grainger springs are the very best.

Got a bag of 9 available for discerning spring aficionados😜
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Anybody wanna buy a bag of springs?
I have a whole stash of one lone spring.....destined to migrate to the bottom of the spare parts drawer.
Guess I'll have to make a wind chime out of mine.
I have one 31 and one 42 spring.
Just got an E Mail from Henry yesterday ( sep. 11 ). It's due to come home this coming Wed. the 16th. .Not bad turnaround time. It got sent out 9 / 2, Henry received it 9 / 4 and it's due back here 9/16. I have no complaints about that. Looking forward to that trigger job and I hear the hammer will pull back easier, too. If it gets here on schedule it will be exactly 2 weeks since I sent it out.
Got it back today, (9-15), one day early. Nice turnaround; gave it to UPS 9/2 and it got here 9/15. Well packed, no visible damage, much easier to cock that hammer. Trigger isn't as light as I thought it might be but it's an improvement for sure. Before the recall it was 5 lbs., 14 oz. on my Lyman digital gauge. Now it's 4 lbs. 5 oz.. I wouldn't call it sweet but at least it's better and the cocking effort is much improved. Can't wait to get to the range. I was never happy with the accuracy of that thing and I wonder if this will help.
© 24hourcampfire