Home
Posted By: GSPfan TALO edition in Ruger #1 - 09/01/20
Just what is the TALO edition? I'm considering one in a Ruger #1 35 Whelen. Does this have nicer wood than a std #1?
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: TALO edition in Ruger #1 - 09/01/20
Talo is a big distributer that has the buying power to order up "specials". Lipsey's is another. Must not take too much oomph as I see a lot of that from smaller oufits, though not No. 1s.

The wood varies. Better get real, not stock pics if it's important to you.
Posted By: catch_22 Re: TALO edition in Ruger #1 - 09/01/20
I have a Lipsey's #1A stainless in 6.5×55 and the wood is quite nice.[Linked Image]

Attached picture IMAG0491 (Small).jpg
Posted By: GSPfan Re: TALO edition in Ruger #1 - 09/01/20
I have asked for pics of the actual gun and called the seller twice and e mailed with no reply. I bought a Lipsey's #1 in 250 Savage and the wood was quite plain. It does shoot well though.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: TALO edition in Ruger #1 - 09/01/20
I can understand that a busy seller might not have the time or staff to do that, but they should at least respond to say so.
Posted By: hikerbum Re: TALO edition in Ruger #1 - 09/01/20
In the #1's i think its more what it is chambered in. The wood seems to vary from the pics i see
Posted By: Anschutz Re: TALO edition in Ruger #1 - 09/02/20
Same here on seeing wood on Number 1s. I'm not too picky as long as they aren't in terrible shape. Just trying to decide what I want or if I want to load for another caliber. My stack of dies is already tall but I really want one in a classic African cartridge which I don't have any of.
Posted By: GSPfan Re: TALO edition in Ruger #1 - 09/02/20
I have #1"s in 375 H&H and 450-400 NE. Both are very accurate and am looking forward to deer hunting with them.
© 24hourcampfire