Home
Posted By: Switch E Arthur Brown 97D - 10/11/20
Anyone have feed back on E Arthur Brown 97D single shot rifle? Never seen one but look like a nice trim little rifle, looking at one in 30 30 Win or 7 30 Waters.
Posted By: Dutch Re: E Arthur Brown 97D - 10/13/20
I’ve got a very early one in 6 ppc. Very much like it, but it’s an unusual little rifle. Mine is as accurate as I can shoot. Great trigger. Not a gun to hot rod.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: E Arthur Brown 97D - 10/13/20
I like the looks as a handgun better than as a rifle with that kinda odd adapter. They’ve priced them beyond my interest level now. A .22 or Hummer pistol would be nice, but too pricey when compared to Contenders.

The SSK50s from Lehigh Defense look very nice too, but remain vaporware for now.
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: E Arthur Brown 97D - 10/15/20
I have custom rifles that shoot one hole groups with most loads. I have commercial rifles that shoot one hole groups with a couple of loads. I have hunting handguns that shoot as good as most of my rifles. I've seen 308 custom rifles I'd love to have purchased. But, the price was too high when I cannot deny that my $350 Remington 700 stacks every shot into the same hole after 42 years. I once looked at EAB's during their time. The first thing I noticed is their website format has not changed since 1987. The price is just too high for the product.

EA Brown is a has-been company the same as SSK Industries. Their stuff was once good but the owners who once drove the product line have checked out & moved on.
Posted By: Anschutz Re: E Arthur Brown 97D - 10/15/20
When you can get an 1885 or Ruger No 1 for less money, I wouldn't bother but that's me. If you like it, go for it.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: E Arthur Brown 97D - 10/19/20
This.⬆️

Whatever their other charms, they look like they’re made from a kit, a bit cobby.
Posted By: OldRooster Re: E Arthur Brown 97D - 10/19/20
This........

Anschutz
When you can get an 1885 or Ruger No 1 for less money, I wouldn't bother but that's me. If you like it, go for it.
© 24hourcampfire