Home
Anyone have one that they've weighed?
No but my ‘D’ weight 458WM No.1 feels like it’s stuck to the floor of the safe if I haven’t lifted it in a while!
Makes my other No.1’s feel like featherweights!
I have one. Quite barrel heavy. Someday i need to use it. Id love to take some bigger game like hippo or some buffalos with it. Also jave a beautiful old No1 45-70 and its barrel is quite light with far less steel content. Either can be loaded to take down anything that walks.
Well someone with a .416 Remington (or Rigby) weigh it and let me know. If it has a scope on it just let me know what it is and I'll back that weight out.

I read an article that said the .458 Win weighs 9 pounds and the .450-400 weighs 7.75 pounds. There's a good chance the .416 has the same weight as the latter but I'd like to be sure.
Well, I just happen to have a #1 in .416 Rem. On my digital scales (Fed Ex Certified) it weighs in at 9.45 lbs with NECG peep sight installed. Without the sight, 9.35 lbs.
Thank you Grasshopper!

That is way more than you might think from articles you read on the No.1.
Well... Trust me on this: When you massage the trigger, you wouldn't want it to weigh any less. grin
I love the D weight barrel rifles. C weight is OK.
Mine feels very barrel heavy when its lifted. No scope but it feels very front heavy
Originally Posted by postoak
I read an article that said the .458 Win weighs 9 pounds and the .450-400 weighs 7.75 pounds

If I remember correctly, there were two iterations of the .450-400; one with the "C" weight barrel and another with the "D" weight barrel.

The 7.75lb weight you cite was probably a "C" weight configuration.
© 24hourcampfire