Home
Never done one.
Have a Canjar to put in my dads 74 B model in 22-250.
Is this a one beer project or two beers and a pizzaking pizza type of deal?
It can be a rather difficult project. I have only done a No. 1 and a M 77 tang safety and that was thirty years ago. I lived in Denver at the time and knew the lady who worked for Canjar. She had to install the No. 1. The M77 was easier.

Be very very careful with the small parts as they are easy to lose.

Good luck with this.
The canjar is already in.i just need to swap the trigger w a non canjar type. Hopefulky its a simple deal.

If not i can figure it out. Losing small parts....w my eyes and hands now, yeah big clear work area!

I did find a used buttstock from a #1, few dings. No pad though. Found a used red pad elsewhere. Should arrive next week. Still need a B or V forend, have not found one yet. Might take all summer. There is a refinished one on a certain site. Suppose I could try recutting the checkering.
If i could find a #3 .223 bbl id have it rebored to 35 rem and get an AH forend for it

Change the gun over ( the #3 ). Still want the Canjar moved to the old B in .22-250.

Figure once thkngs settle down ill do the work. Been kinda screwy and my nerves shot. So really nothing gonna happen for a month or so.
© 24hourcampfire