Home
Posted By: dale06 Jard trigger, #1 - 03/12/21
Who has a Jard trigger in their Ruger #1?
Any comments on it?
They’re sold as a fixed pull, 3.5 pounds or 2.5 pounds or 1.75 pounds.....
How accurate are those pull weights after installation?
Posted By: MickinColo Re: Jard trigger, #1 - 03/13/21
Looks like it replaces a number of original parts but it functions like the original trigger. Or the second original trigger that most people know about.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: Bighorn Re: Jard trigger, #1 - 03/13/21
I have installed two of the Jard triggers on my # 1's- very easy install. They have tended to be a bit lighter in pull weight than advertised, but work well.
Posted By: rj308 Re: Jard trigger, #1 - 03/13/21
I installed one in my only NO.1 rifle. My experience mirrors Bighorn's. I ordered a 2.5 pound and It would easily go down to a pounds. It uses the same weight of pull adjustment screw as the stock trigger. I adjusted mine to 2 pounds and it is one sweet trigger. RJ
Posted By: SpenceG Re: Jard trigger, #1 - 03/15/21
Same here, installed a Jard on my 1V. Much better trigger than the old Moyers replacements. I didn't put a gauge on it, but it feels right for #2.5.
Posted By: Maverick_31 Re: Jard trigger, #1 - 03/15/21
My Jard replacement at 2.5 lbs was a huge improvement over the factory trigger. It's very crisp, and the pull weight is close to advertised, but I can't measure it accurately with my old spring gauge. Good Luck with yours.
Posted By: dale06 Re: Jard trigger, #1 - 03/21/21
So, if you install a 2.5 pound Jard on your #1, is there no adjustability, heavier or lighter, or is it fixed at approximately 2.5 pounds.
Posted By: dale06 Re: Jard trigger, #1 - 03/24/21
Had a 2.5 pound installed in my #1. It was a major improvement over the factory 4.5 pounds plus.
© 24hourcampfire