Home
Posted By: rj308 Turnbill Contender value - 04/21/21
I have a T/C Contender G2 carbine that has one of the Turnbull color case hardened receivers. It has a blued factory ,22 LR match chambered barrel and Bullberry fancy walnut stock and for end ( w/Bullberry fore end hanger ). I bought all components new for the gun. On calm days, I could easily shoot 3 shoot groups into an inch at 100 yards with PMC target ammunition. I packed it for long term storage in the U.S. in 2014 when I relocated to Romania. I only have one hard copy picture of the gun which I will scan and post soon, but I am going back to the U.S. in September and I will clean it and photograph it before I put it up for sale. I can safely say it is in 96 to 98 percent condition. I would just like to get a "ball park" value on the carbine now, if that is possible. Thanks. RJ
Posted By: rj308 Re: Turnbill Contender value - 04/21/21
This picture is not good. It is a picture of a picture. The stock is matte finish, not glossy. RJ

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Turnbill Contender value - 04/22/21
Looks like the few G2 carbines for sale are bringing $900+. In this crazy time, it’s hard to say. My rule for auctions is to start at the lowest that I’m willing to accept. I dunno, maybe $1000-$1100.

Contact Marty at Haus of Arms. Maybe he can give you an idea. I believe he was the one that sold those frames.
Posted By: hikerbum Re: Turnbill Contender value - 04/22/21
$1000 to 1100 is about right if wood is good condition, etc etc. this pic makes the wood look like multi layers of varnish. ??
Posted By: rj308 Re: Turnbill Contender value - 04/22/21
Thanks for the input guys. The pic that I posted is a photograph of a photograph laying on a table. The glossy look is the glare from an overhead light. The wood actually has a very nice matte oil finish. I packed it for long term storage and I do not want anyone but myself unpacking and cleaning the gun. When I do in September, I'll take many pictures and post them here. RJ
© 24hourcampfire