Home
What is the finishing process used by ruger on their production guns. I have a friend that has one with rub marks to bare wood. He wants to send it back to ruger. What do knowledgeable guys say??????
MARTIN
take the stock and the fore arm off the #1 zip strip the wood and refinish it with true oil about 4 or 5 coats after each coat drys for a day lightly use fine steel wool then wipe wood off and use true oil coat again after last coat lightly steel wool again then use a good wood wax or even car wax ,you should end up with a nice satin finish. this is way cheaper and if your careful should be better than a Ruger factory finish too. good luck,Pete53
My dads #1 is in rough shape. Shot it and it appears the bbl is still OK.

Torn between refinishing it or not.

I can do a decent job but really dont want to mess w stocks anymore. Who could i send it to?

Id be happy w a synth stock and splatter paint job like HS does. Such a small market, too bad Ruger didnt just do a black synth.

The B&C stuff varied greatly on the ones I saw. From OK to hideous. QC was all over the place.

To bad the guy that did bowling ball swirl type synth stuff for Contenders on Ebay aint around. Would try to talk him into doing #1 stocks.

Hell if i knew what the hell he used i might try to do my own.
© 24hourcampfire