Home
Posted By: Moses TC Encore MGM .358 Winchester - 09/29/21
Just received my 22" barrel from MGM. I installed the trigger ext from Bellm TC. After 2 shots from Buffalo Big Bore Sierra 225 grain the trigger ext was on the ground. I installed the 3 set screws what i thought was tight. How to make this not happen again?
Not familiar with that, but I'd try some blue locktite on the screws.

Curious though how the new barrel shoots. Also, if you don't mind me asking, how long did it take between ordering and delivery?
It may have some sort of thread locker already and seems that it is tightening and is not secured at all.
The extensions with those small allen wrenches seem to difficult to tighten enough to stay.
Ordered the barrel August 6. It was on my porch September 23. 22" stainless bead blasted, fluted with 5" rail. The 2 shots were just a few fps above 2500.
200gr?
Sierra 225 grain BTSP.
I gave up on the trigger extensions, just not worth it. But the 358 is fine cartridge.
A touch of JB Weld? Locktite?
Do you mean hammer extension? I've never heard of a trigger extension.
Hammer
Originally Posted by Moses
Ordered the barrel August 6. It was on my porch September 23. 22" stainless bead blasted, fluted with 5" rail. The 2 shots were just a few fps above 2500.

Not too bad of a wait.

Ordered a barrel from them last year in early March, received it late September. Maybe they've caught up.

Been thinking about a 358 for my Encore.
I've posted this load before. Worked pretty well for me.

DF

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Chrono?
Hammer

Use Blue Loctite, not red. Problem solved.

I'd like to have another 358W, but there's not a 35cal bullet to be found in Canada and none in my stash. frown
Chrono?

Not yet.

If you're asking about my load, probably around 2,850- 2,900 fps or so.

DF
© 24hourcampfire