Home
Posted By: DigitalDan Old times - 05/13/23
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: GSPfan Re: Old times - 05/13/23
I'd like to take a stroll through the Creedmore Gun Shop
Posted By: Rapier Re: Old times - 05/16/23
I like the fresh meat market, with regular flies or blue flies, or both. Good old days.
Posted By: geedubya Re: Old times - 05/18/23
Hats and facial hair in abundance!

ya!

GWB
Posted By: LouisB Re: Old times - 05/18/23
I notice there is NOT what we call a "cowboy hat" among them!
Wood appears to be cut pretty long compared to today!
Posted By: Steve Redgwell Re: Old times - 05/18/23
When I see photos like this, I wish I could go back in time and just look around. smile I bet the meat market in the picture would give today's health inspectors the big one! laugh
Posted By: navlav8r Re: Old times - 05/18/23
So much for the nice, smooth dirt in Dodge City on Gunsmoke.
Posted By: geedubya Re: Old times - 05/19/23
Originally Posted by navlav8r
So much for the nice, smooth dirt in Dodge City on Gunsmoke.

More like "Deadwood"

ya!

GWB
Posted By: SCGunNut Re: Old times - 05/19/23
If only we could catch a glimpse of the inside of that gun shop...
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Old times - 05/20/23
Turn the corner and walk down the alley behind those buildings. Outhouses and dump heaps. Hold your nose! For that matter, hold your nose when walking through that crowd. "A bath once a month, whether you need it or not!"
Posted By: bcp Re: Old times - 05/20/23
Deadwood 1877.

Bruce
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Old times - 05/20/23
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
Turn the corner and walk down the alley behind those buildings. Outhouses and dump heaps. Hold your nose! For that matter, hold your nose when walking through that crowd. "A bath once a month, whether you need it or not!"
The underbelly of the romantic notions of old west towns...
Posted By: LouisB Re: Old times - 05/20/23
The street looks like it could get a mite sloppy after a rain!

I keep hoping others will follow DD's lead and post other pics of the "Good Ol Dayz"

Horse days nothing modern.
Posted By: navlav8r Re: Old times - 05/20/23
I wonder who the guy is that appears to be speechifying 😊 to the street?
Posted By: Exchipy Re: Old times - 05/20/23
Originally Posted by LouisB
I keep hoping others will follow DD's lead and post other pics of the "Good Ol Dayz"
Horse days nothing modern.
The Silver Dollar Wine Room (known in Hollywood movies as The Silver Dollar Saloon) on Sansome Street in San Francisco, before the 1906 Quake:

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]Check out the silver dollars embedded in the dark floor tiles.

… and after:

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]The entrepreneurial spirit survived just fine, though.

The H&R .44 American D.A. revolver from behind the bar, a bit worse for the Fire which followed the Quake:

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]I suppose it coulda been a single shot, of sorts, when all its rounds cooked off at once (maybe).
Posted By: Woodpecker Re: Old times - 06/07/23
I can smell that hanging meat from here. Cholera was not unheard of in these old mining towns and settlements and miners and prospectors often died from scurvy. Seems the as the years pile up the distance has a way of making such conditions seem romantic.

Rick
Posted By: oldwoody2 Re: Old times - 06/20/23
HANDGUN..cheap & didn't cost much !!!
Posted By: Rapier Re: Old times - 06/20/23
I do like my central AC and heat just fine today. Grew up in the Everglades 7 miles from the nearest neighbor, was 14 when we got electricity. I do remember the first time I saw a TV, it was in the Sears store in West Palm Beach. Had to leave the store, it was too cold inside. Got my the first AC in the new house my dad and I built, we, wife, son and me, moved in on Christmas day 1971.
© 24hourcampfire