Home
Has anybody tried one? I just can't get over the drop in this stock.
I like skinner sights on my break open single shot rifles. I change the comb height and/or build a new stock. ( It's not too hard on a two piece stock). Brian
More than likely you will need a higher front sight with any receiver sight.

The Henrys are, similarly to traditional lever-actions, stocked for iron sight use. That isn’t ideal for scope use. A slip-on comb riser can help a lot, and can be also have shell loops if that appeals to you.

The same stocks are used on the shotgun versions and work well for that. If scope use is really that important for you, you may want to look at the CVAs with their ambidextrous Monte Carlo stocks.

For my part, I find the Henrys pretty heavy, and the extra pound or so of a scope just puts them past the weight I want to tote around. My .357 currently wears a Romeo 5 red dot, and by sighting with the dot towards the bottom of the field of view it’s very like using irons, and the cheek weld is pretty good too. The red dot is plenty capable for .357 ranges IMO.
If enough people contact them through their site and ask for a better stock for scope use, it might sink in. I fussed at them a lot about d&t for their shotguns and they finally did it.
© 24hourcampfire