Home
Posted By: Rodney482 TC bought by Hornady? - 04/27/24
Looks like its happening… coming 4-30-24
Posted By: Rodney482 Re: TC bought by Hornady? - 04/27/24
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
I hope so! The brand shouldn't end up dying with S&W. That just doesn't feel right.
Posted By: rickt300 Re: TC bought by Hornady? - 04/27/24
Hah I have some warranty work I want done on a Massatwoshits barrel. Off center chamber.
Posted By: Rodney482 Re: TC bought by Hornady? - 04/28/24
Heard last night Glen Butcher who owns a sporting goods store in Wabash, IN bought TC 🤷🏼‍♂️
Posted By: shawlerbrook Re: TC bought by Hornady? - 04/28/24
I do wish someone would save this great brand.
Greg Ritz also back as part owner
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: TC bought by Hornady? - 04/28/24
Source(s)?
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Source(s)?

Youll get a news release in a couple days.
https://www.facebook.com/share/r/L7KiMunxcX7NRGKy/?mibextid=WC7FNe
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: TC bought by Hornady? - 04/28/24
I hope this happens
Posted By: Rodney482 Re: TC bought by Hornady? - 04/30/24
https://tcarms.com/?fbclid=IwZXh0bg...kJC3R1UP1w_9I1Q-ADKw4nQ-V6EgSWaTG6fhkNzJ
Posted By: tred1956 Re: TC bought by Hornady? - 04/30/24
FROM TC's FB Page
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: pointer Re: TC bought by Hornady? - 04/30/24
Is it really HQ'd in Wabash, Indiana??
Posted By: Rodney482 Re: TC bought by Hornady? - 04/30/24
Originally Posted by pointer

Yes along w manufacturing
Posted By: WStrayer Re: TC bought by Hornady? - 05/01/24
Maybe they will start to make muzzleloaders again. Real ones, with flintlocks.
Posted By: shaman Re: TC bought by Hornady? - 05/01/24
Originally Posted by WStrayer

My guess is that the new TC won't go that direction. The old TC had already found the original line of sidelock frontstuffers were not profitable. That's why they went to modern inlines. It's a shame. Those old TCs were awesome.

I think the Contender will come back. I think the Encore will be resurrected. The Compass line was of excellent quality, but I don't know how well it sold. I also think some of the TC frontstuffers will be back.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: TC bought by Hornady? - 05/01/24
Originally Posted by shaman
Originally Posted by WStrayer

My guess is that the new TC won't go that direction. The old TC had already found the original line of sidelock frontstuffers were not profitable. That's why they went to modern inlines. It's a shame. Those old TCs were awesome.

I think the Contender will come back. I think the Encore will be resurrected. The Compass line was of excellent quality, but I don't know how well it sold. I also think some of the TC frontstuffers will be back.

The sidelocks have a small but steady following. I pick them up from time to time, futz around with sight improvements, and more recently with a 209 priming setup for BH209, but invariably pass them on to others. The Renegades and Hawkens are easy to sell, but a Greyhawk I have is lingering in the local sale paper, probably because it’s a .54. It’s unfired as yet, NIB actually, but if it doesn't move I’ll probably shoot it someday when I’m bored…..

There’s no shortage of parts for them as parting-out seems to be more profitable than selling entire rifles, as well as being ebay-legal.
Posted By: coyotewacker Re: TC bought by Hornady? - 05/01/24
Glad to see T-C is coming back ! Hope it puts a real bad hurt on SSK and their line of junk ! To bad JD Jones sold SSK it has been a death wish by the news owners !
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: TC bought by Hornady? - 05/02/24
I bet the boys at MGM will be glad to see new T/C frames coming back.
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
I bet the boys at MGM will be glad to see new T/C frames coming back.

I think they will. smile I have 12 of their barrels. It will be interesting to see if the new TC offers only the frames or complete rifle/handgun packages - perhaps with the barrels made by MGM. Thompson Center is going to be busy for the rest of the year dusting off the old equipment, acquiring new machinery, finding skilled labour and getting things back up and running again. I guess a lot depends on how much money is required and where it will be spent.

Perhaps they will only make the frames at first, and the barrels and accessories will come later. I hope they provide the shooting public with updates on the way to the first frame rollout.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: TC bought by Hornady? - 05/02/24
Ritz’s position in this is interesting as he gets blamed a lot for the S&W acquisition and subsequent collapse. I hope they make a go of it, and would especially hope to see a return of the Custom Shop.

This will probably take a while to accomplish, if done well.
Posted By: pointer Re: TC bought by Hornady? - 05/02/24
Originally Posted by Rodney482
Originally Posted by pointer

Yes along w manufacturing
Thanks for the info! Wouldn't have guessed that!
Posted By: pete53 Re: TC bought by Hornady? - 05/04/24
i hope T.C. can find a piece of the pie to make a go with this wonderful unique gun company, the first thing i hope T.C. are smart enough to stay away from regular / normal cartridge type bolt action rifles . i wish T.C. great things of the future ! Pete53
I wish them luck and hope they do well. The original TC was a great company with high quality products.
Posted By: ttpoz Re: TC bought by Hornady? - 05/04/24
I used to be a huge Contender fan - still have one frame and three barrels. I hope TC (and all firearms manufacturers) do well.
Posted By: Hudge Re: TC bought by Hornady? - 05/07/24
Did anyone watch the Facebook live Greg Ritz did on Saturday? Sounds like they will make accessories first and should be out this fall. I hope they succeed, as I’d love to see their Icon come back. I regret never buying one.
Posted By: Switch Re: TC bought by Hornady? - 05/07/24
Originally Posted by rickt300
Hah I have some warranty work I want done on a Massatwoshits barrel. Off center chamber.

I don't believe the new owners will honor your old warranty.
Posted By: Hudge Re: TC bought by Hornady? - 05/07/24
Originally Posted by Switch

No they will not. Greg Ritz said on the livestream the old owners will though.
Posted By: rickt300 Re: TC bought by Hornady? - 05/08/24
Originally Posted by Hudge
Originally Posted by Switch

No they will not. Greg Ritz said on the livestream the old owners will though.

Hmmmm going to look them up. The barrel is a tackdriver, hate taking the chance on the new one not being as accurate. Are the old owners in question S&W?
Posted By: T_O_M Re: TC bought by Hornady? - 05/08/24
I hope they bring back the sidelocks, both percussion and flint. I'll pay quality-gun dollars for quality-gun quality.
Posted By: tex_n_cal Re: TC bought by Hornady? - 05/23/24
Be nice to get some service done. I have a .30-30 carbine barrel, and it shoots very well, but is very hard to open.
© 24hourcampfire