Home
I suppose I could/should have listed this in the Free Classifieds section below, but I thought I�d be a bit more focused and first post it up here in the forum where I�ve learned so much about single-shot rifles.

Gun nuts are nuts! I include myself in that summation.

Just a year ago I finally located and purchased a hard-to-find Ruger No. 1 Medium Sporter in 9.3x74R. It proved a gem � great wood, accurate and super in the field. I wrote about hunting with that rifle in a post on this forum several months ago. See this photo-filled link:

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...&topic=0&Search=true#Post2927464

Like so many gun nuts, I plan gun project after gun project. Right now I�m trying to figure out how to afford another very expensive rifle, and have decided to sell my 9.3x74R Ruger, along with a number of other rifles, to help foot that bill. I�ll probably regret selling this special Ruger No. 1, but that�s how things go.

[Linked Image]

I baby my rifles, and this rifle is no exception. I have hunted with this one-year-old Ruger No. 1, taking a fine antelope buck with it last fall.

[Linked Image]

There are a very few, very minor handling scuffs and one small surface scratch in the stock near the rear sling stud. Other than that, my 9.3x74R is in superb shape.

Purchasing this rifle holds several clear advantages for you. To begin with, you could have it in your hands and be shooting it in very short order. No more searching or waiting for a rifle that�s not easy to find. My FFL dealer would ship it to your FFL dealer just as soon as your payment arrives.

Second, it is a proven shooter and not some untried mystery in a box. That�s big.

Third, it has great wood. Some Ruger No. 1s do. Others are as plain as a fence post. With a blindly ordered rifle, you never know what you�ll get.

I would ship the rifle, with all the Ruger paperwork and the set of Ruger rings that came with the rifle. The scope shown in the photos would not be included. As a bonus you won�t get with any new rifle, I would also include the remaining factory 9.3x74R ammunition I have for the rifle - 2 full boxes of Hornady factory ammunition and approximately 1 box of Norma factory ammunition. That�s nearly a $200 value alone, and would also be a very good source of quality brass.

I would like to get just $900 plus $25 for shipping for this entire tried-and-true 9.3x74R package. As mentioned, I would ship immediately upon receipt of your Money Order for that amount.

This is a great rifle. If you�ve always wanted to try a 9.3x74R, here�s your chance with a proven rifle! Why settle for less? Why wait? Be as cagey as a coyote and jump of this rifle.

[Linked Image]

Let me know ASAP if you�re interested or have questions. My direct email is [email protected].

Trades? Well, maybe, sorta, kinda. Cash would clearly be my first choice, but I have always also wanted a clean Savage 99 in .300 Savage (thinking EG or F), crack-less stock, no glaring modifications other than maybe scoped and must be a proven shooter. This would be a hunter, not a collector gun. Again, must be a good shooter.
I commend you on your terrific ad. If there were funds available I'd have sent you an email already.
I too compliment you on your terrific ad. What case is this? Can you form one from a parent case or is unique only to itself? I have never seen one that I know of but it sounds difficult to find cases. More info, please.
Rolly,

Unfornunately, the 9.3x74R is a case common only to itself. But on the other hand, Norma, RWS, Sellior & Belloit, and now Hornady all make brass and ammo for the 9.3x74R. So brass is never a problem. Nor likely ever will be. smile

Timberline,

If you sell that rifle, you are gonna regret it! grin

GH
Originally Posted by Grasshopper

Timberline,

If you sell that rifle, you are gonna regret it! grin

GH

I agree Grasshopper.
Yeah, but wouldn't that rifle look nice alongside a "sleeping" moose or bear with another happy - if perhaps less handsome- mug alongside? Don't discourage him from sharing the pleasure! wink
You had to post this after I've been reading a bunch of stuff by Boddington and Barsness about how great the 9.3 is, and how wonderful the Number One is for hunting...

Beautiful rifle. I hope it finds a happy home, I'm just looking for now. Kicking the tires a bit... That sort of thing. Have a perfectly nice, good looking, good shooting Number One in 7mm Rem mag that I plan on hunting with this year... It's just not as cool as this one! smile

Regards, Guy
Rifle SOLD pending receipt of funds. Thanks for looking.

And yes, it's off to a good home. AK moose and bears beware!
Thankfully! My wallet was starting to jump around nervously... smile
I would have bought this one in a heart beat, but I am presently waiting for my latest purchase and that is a Brno Mod 21 in 9.3x62, it looks all original including the front sight, rear sight and barrel band swivel, but the truth is the barrel is a Lother Walthar that was copied from an original using the original sights etc..Nice gun.
Hope the new rifle satisfies.....that Ruger was nice and the new owner should be smiling.
Klikitarik, let us know how you like it smile
Cool rifle and nice add. Well done.

That is a very nice Ruger and in a unique chambering. I just received a Chapuis double rifle in 9.3x74R. For those of who who are unfamiliar, the 9.3x74R could be said to be like a 35 Whelan on vitamins with heavier and arguably a better choice in bullets.
© 24hourcampfire