Home
Posted By: 9.3x62 Zimmerman kipplauf info. needed - 12/02/09
one of these in 7x65R available with Kahles scope with correct mounts exc. shape, cannot find any info. from the internet only know it is made in Germany, anyone with info. or a stab at value?
I'm afraid I have zippo info on Zimmerman guns. But, PLEASE post pic's and tell us about this rifle, should you buy it!

Jeff
I actually had a look at this rifle, and it is a thing of beauty. It is a typically light top-lever break-action, with a reinforcing cross-bolt. When I say light, I mean diminuitive. The fore-arm is very slender. The gun leaps to your shoulder like it knows the way. The receiver has a silver finish, with full coverage engraving. The barrel is satin blued, with a full-length top rib and open sights. I did not note the brand of scope but was impressed by the [possibly quick-detach] German claw mounts that clamped it to the rib. I would rate the wood A-AA. The shop has graded it as "good" condition, but I would say "very good". They have even taken care to keep an expended cartridge in the chamber in case someone dry fires the rifle. Both the salesman and I agreed that we both wanted it badly but it is out of our price range.

© 24hourcampfire