Home
Posted By: catnthehat My 303 Brit is almost done! - 06/05/10
Well, Bill sent some pics today!:>)
the lever still needs to be blued, and the sights will have to be zeroed, but for all intent and purposes, she's finished!
I am going to wait until this winter for checkering.
here she is, BTW, I am totally inept at resizing stuff, so if anybody else wishes to, feel free to zoom it so you can see the details better!
Cat
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
lovely rifle, is it going to be checkered? Perhaps with English style diamonds?
Originally Posted by horkin_yorkin
lovely rifle, is it going to be checkered? Perhaps with English style diamonds?

I am going to leave the checkering choice to bill Leeper, likely but 22LPI point checkering was discussed this spring, I dunno, MAYBE English diamonds.....
Cat
Posted By: AJD Re: My 303 Brit is almost done! - 06/05/10
I've waiting not so patiently to get a look a what you were doing.

George is a great guy to talk to deal with.

NICE!
Cat',

I am curious to see how the trigger guard/lever turned out... When you get it, I'd like to see a close-up of the reshaped lever.

I have two #3's with #1 wood installed. Both have had the lever reshaped. But I have yet to find a style that doesn't whack my knuckles under recoil. smile

BTW: Nice looking rifle. I'm thinking I need to get one of the 1-A's in .303 if indeed they ever become a reality. smile (Which I truly believe WILL happpen...Eventually... Someday...Maybe...)

GH
There are many orders for the Rugers in 303 at Pophet river as we speak, Ruger IS doing them in a standard production run, so you will be able to have one Stateside grasshopper!:>)
I'll get the pics up for you as soon as I get the gun
Cat
Posted By: Nrut Re: My 303 Brit is almost done! - 06/05/10
Hi Cat,
I was just thinking and wondering about your .303/#3 Project earlier this week.. Looks like you have a "classic" rifle there!
Looking forward to seeing more photo's later on..
I'd really like to see sum bigger picts of the darlin'. That's just a tease.
Nice.
© 24hourcampfire