Home
Just got back from my local dealer where I ordered the latest Lipsey's Exclusive, a 1A in 6.5x55 Swede. This one is blued and walnut.
Lipsey does not have them in stock yet, but said they should be out soon. My dealer ordered two so I can get first pick on the wood here.

I missed out on the stainless run and was considering a custom barrel in 260 so this was perfect timing.

Get 'em while they're hot!
Damn! I'm tapped out. frown I like the blue better than the SS, but I have the SS, so I guess I'll just have to live with it. blush

GH
Posted By: 1B Re: Another Exclusive from Lipsey's - 08/17/10
Another early warning failure?

Lets see now, the .264 WM, the Creedmore. the new Bob, and now the Swede....

Old Bill must be spinning fast enough now to generate power for a small town.

1B
Nice to know, Love my K1A.

Ed, it's not bad to step outside the box, you know yours sports NICE wood like mine wink Take that beauty hunting and it will put a smile on your face!

Lipsey's got this one right! I'd still like a 250-3K, 1A or RSI.
They are in at Lipsey's; I have one due in Thursday! That is the blue 1A in 6.5x55 Swede!
oh noooooooo!!!!!

I JUST spent all my money and some I borrowed from my wife to get the #1S in .300 H&H... and now I gotta find more money... before Lipsey's sells out of these???

I'd still like a 250-3K, 1A

You and me both, though I'm beginning to think a factory version is a pipe dream. And no folks, I don't want or care to have one built. Gotta be turn key off the shelf or not at all.
Mr. poole just sell me that 300HH, and then you can pick up that 6x5x55! John
I've been wanting a 1A in 6.5. I'll have to give this a go.
Guys, what is the twist of your 6.5 K-1A's?
1 in 8. Shoots great!
Great, I like my 22" MKII 260 with a 1-8. I hope these shoot as well.

Thanks!
FWIW, I put 3 130gr ABs into 1.1" at 200 yds using a 6x42 w/#4 reticle wink

It's a solid sub MOA gun, well mine has been with everything tried from 123s to 142s in Lapua brass.
What powders were you using?

FWIW - My 77 MkII 260 also shot the 130 NAB extremely well. I was using RL19.
IMR4350. When I run out, will use H sc that I have. Think I have some 4831 and RL19 and 22 also.
damn it. i thought I would have more time. this is my favorite caliber. i just bought my first no. 1 about 4 months ago.
I'm thinking maybe this Swede will be my first No. 1.
El Numero Uno is correct, they are now in stock. I picked mine up about an hour ago. Wood is pretty good although I do have one a bit better and the bluing is a higher polish than recent production,(even says so on the box). Overall I'm pleased.

Guess I'll have to wait on a scope for a while as a home repair has taken some of my play funds and the Rottweiler has cut her foot on a broken beer bottle and may need some vet care. When I catch the punk tossing his beer bottle out of the car I may have to give the iron sights on the Swede a try.

Sideshowbob you should get one of these. Heck man, four months is a long time to go between No. 1s. Even the anti's have said you can have one gun a month. smile
Congratulations!

Are planning to post some pictures?

My dealer of choice does not deal with Lipsey's. I have been waiting for a call back from another dealer. I cannot stand the anticipation. Do any of you know of a dealer who has one in stock? If so, please provide contact information.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

AJD, here are a couple of pictures of the 6.5x55 as you requested. Overcast and not very good light today.

Scope is a Leupold FXII 6x36.

Unfortunately it will probably be another week or so before I can get out to the range.
Pretty nice!!!

I'm glad you got a good one.

Please keep us posted on how it shoots/what it likes!

Thanks for posting.

How does the scope work? I was thinking along those same lines.
The scope works well for me. I have a 1AH in 25-06 and a 1A in 7x57 also and they wear the FX-II 6x36 too so I'm used to them. They have a long enough tube that I can get proper eye relief without using extended rings and at only 10 oz. the light weight and handling qualities are retained.
Thanks! That's what I wanted to know. My 4x Zeiss works but I understand it's been discontinued. Shame as I really like that one. The Leupold sounds like a good choice and is lighter to boot. I'll have to look for one.
reckon they are out of these? My guy tried 2 wks ago to get one and they said they were out...might get more in few weeks, but i have my doubts.

anyone heard?

Dave
I could be wrong, but I don't think Lipsey's is sold out of the 6.5x55 yet. I just think they have not received all of them from Ruger yet!
I believe ENU is correct, my FFL when he ordered mine said Lipsey's told him they were allocated, and would be coming in shortly.

I had doubts about the 35whelen and the 257R, they both came in, I believe the 6.5's will also. Be patient.

Added: I sure hope it comes in, as I have already received the dies and the brass. I ordered on a Thursday and the package was at my door on Sat, this was USPS priority mail. Really quick service from Midway and the PO.
lubbockdave, I think El Numero Uno is correct. They seem to be getting them in just a few at a time. Lipsey's told my dealer they were out so he backordered two. Three days later he gets one, but he still hasn't got the second one as far as I know.

El Numero Uno, do you know how many of these Swedes are to be made?
It is my understanding there is to be 250, the same number as most of the previous Lipsey's Ruger No.1 exclusives.
got the call today!! Mine should be here early next week. I think this one will put an end to my gun swappin days...

Dave
Good!!!
Originally Posted by lubbockdave
got the call today!! Mine should be here early next week. I think this one will put an end to my gun swappin days...Dave

Dave,

I'll believe it when I see it. smile blush

GH
Cool to see - I call that progress, but it looks like the K1A 250-3000 got 'bumped' again frown

I think my best bet is save for a Cooper 54....
Originally Posted by 65BR
Cool to see - I call that progress, but it looks like the K1A 250-3000 got 'bumped' again frown

I think my best bet is save for a Cooper 54....

Oh ye of little faith.... blush grin smile
got the call today!! Mine should be here early next week. I think this one will put an end to my gun swappin days...

Dave

That's the same line I used on my wife. She didn't believe it either.
I really, kinda, sorta meant it this time, yet as I was doing the paperwork my dealer is unpacking a new Kimber 84L Classic Select. In 25-06 no less!
It is what I originaly planned to get, but ordered a 257 Bob instead.
Just say no....just say no....just....

Dave
grin I doubt THAT Dave!
Ed, I know. Got to the range today, my 6.5 K1A sure shoots sweet, first 2 shots, about 1.3" apart, at 200 yds, so I used the next on a water filled 2 ltr bottle. That was 130 ABs, but the way my 140 Amax destroyed a few, I think I may try my next deer with that rifle with it. It's BC .585 vs. .488, really trucks along...I think it would just obliterate the insides of a deer!!
I am serious here-Only thing better than a ruger #1 a blue .257 roberts is the same gun in 6.5x55. That along with a couple of marlins for fun and Dad's ole .270 I think I will be done!!

I have one more deal pending here and when if finishes up I think I am going to delete my link to the 24 campfire and spend more time with my girls hunting, fishing, and just hanging out with them-they are growing up WAY TOO FAST!!

Dave
I received mine last Thursday. It now wears a pristine Lyman All-American 4x32. Can't wait to shoot deer with it. What my 6.5x55 won't do, my 7x57 will.
And tell me, just what has your 6.5x55 Not done for you smile
oh oh, time for the popcorn. whistle
Nothing. Just my way of saying I highly favor both those calibers. But you knew that. wink
No time for the range yet, but I was looking her over some more and engaging the safety a few hundred times, (it is very stiff). I noticed that the trigger blade seems to be made of plastic now. Has anyone else noticed that?

I also noticed that the trigger was nice and crisp with no slack and felt to be in the 3.5 to 4 lb range. Best trigger I've felt on a No. 1, must be the plastic smile
Originally Posted by Seven_Heaven
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

AJD, here are a couple of pictures of the 6.5x55 as you requested. Overcast and not very good light today.

Unfortunately it will probably be another week or so before I can get out to the range.

Chris,

There you go again having the Ruger wood Gods smile upon you.

Doc
Hi Doc,

Yes I think they did smile on me again. Compared to a couple I already have I considered it to be average. However,after looking at some No.1s on gunbroker yesterday I am more than pleased with my luck again.

What's new with you?
© 24hourcampfire