Home
Our special Holiday anterless season started the 21st, so got up early this morning & went to go see if i could go fill another tag.

temps were in the upper 20's, no wind. i have a ladder that sits alongside a trail i had widened up, disced, & seeded in winter wheat/rye that we called the Green Mile. got in the tree maybe 10 minutes before shooting light.

didnt have long to wait, a few minutes after i could see to shoot, first deer comes down the trail, but it was a small racked buck i had seen on camera a few times. he never knew i was there & passed about 40 yards away.

5 minutes later, a second deer shows...no horns. this one stops at about 65 yards, quartering towards me, and i line up the hi-viz bead...never scoped this one...& send a Hornady 300gr FNSP from the #1-H .405. its a stone cold dead-right-there. got down & saw my "Doe" was a button buck.

i probably wont bowhunt next week, so this one wrapped up the season with less than 30 minutes in the stand. always hate seeing the season end, but now i can get serious on 'yotes, and been seeing quite a few bobcats on the trail cams.

[Linked Image]

Dats a nice lookin' rifle! laugh
Fyre,

Gratz on that doe (cough). I'm figuring on going after Christmas, hoping we'll get some snow out west to add to the fun.
Very nice! I went out this afternoon with my 7mm-08 MRC, but now you're going to shame me into using a single shot.
Originally Posted by Bricktop
Very nice! I went out this afternoon with my 7mm-08 MRC, but now you're going to shame me into using a single shot.

You will have to drag out your #1 7X57.

Doc
Originally Posted by Doctor_Encore
Originally Posted by Bricktop
You will have to drag out your #1 7X57.

Doc
Yep, the 175-grain RN may need to put in another appearance.
Good shootin FPX, damn nice rifle too wink, I'll be out with my new to me #1S in 300 H&H soon to try and fill a few remaining tags.

Gunner
Great looking rifle and chalk one up for the great .405 Win.
Well done.
Mouse
Yup. Congratulations! Venison with a great rifle.
Congrats! Great looking rifle!

maddog
Congratulations! I love the .405, it's a unique chambering that does speak with authority. Just got a #1 in .405 a month ago...
I really like the fore end treatment on that rifle...very nice, and nice shot too.
Originally Posted by GF1
I really like the fore end treatment on that rifle...very nice, and nice shot too.

stumbled across this one in the used rack at Cabelas, previous owner had added that touch & a fiber-op front bead. i kinda like the looks.

[Linked Image]

It's real nice!
Originally Posted by FyrepowrX
Originally Posted by GF1

stumbled across this one in the used rack at Cabelas, previous owner had added that touch & a fiber-op front bead. i kinda like the looks.

[Linked Image]

Very nice indeed, a very clean looking rifle, with significant power, too smile
405 win and a 7x57 doesn't get any better than that, plus filled your tag way cool!
Congrats. Thats a beautiful rifle and a very intersting cartridge to boot.
© 24hourcampfire