Home
G'day folks, just took delivery of a mint condition No.1 in 45-70.

Got dies, 75 odd Remington brass and the same number 350gr flat nose projectiles. Can't wait to shoot it!

I'll get some better pics tomorrow but here's a few....

Cheers, Scott.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Sweet. I love the 45-70, but I prefer heavier hard cast bullets.
id love to have that rifle
Yep. I prefer walnut and blue, but that one is very nice.
Nice looking #1! I've got one in blued walnut as well and also prefer heavier, hard cast bullets. I'm mainly reloading 405gr WFN with GC's but have some heavier Beartooth Piledriver Jr's on the way. So far my powder of choice is H322.
I'm green.
Hey guys thanks for the replys. I'm usually a blued timber guy too, but this came up and given they aren't all that common in any caliber in Oz, let alone the great 45-70 I thought I'd snap it up.

I know nothing about cast bullets, how do they perform on game? Is there more fouling of the barrel with lead? Can you run them at higher velocities?

Another thing...... I can see how No1s can be an addiction. I want another one now. Blued/Timber of course. ;-)

Cheers, Scott.
More pics.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
`Have one just like it in .405 win. but a skinner pip site on mine and it shoots bug holes at 100 yrds. i am sure you will really enjoy your 45-70/ rio7
sorry i meant PEEP site, damn phone woun't stop ringing as i write.rio7
Hahaha, I knew what you meant mate. I had a Skinner on a Marlin 30-30 I used to own, great sights!

Cheers, Scott.
© 24hourcampfire