Home
I always had a hankering for a .325 WSM but since I had several bolt guns in the same general ballistic class, I decided I wanted a .325 in either a Browning auto or a Winchester 1885 single shot that was cataloged for a year or so. Last year I finally broke down and bought a Browning BAR ShortTrac in .325. It's a beautiful gun with the nickeled receiver and upgraded wood but it shoots like I should have known an auto would: Minute of deer but not much better. Well, last week I saw this 1885 on GB and before I knew it, I was hitting the bid button. It arrived today. I'm quite pleased with the wood and if it will shoot even remotely as good as my .260 Low Wall, I'll be one happy MoFo!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Very nice gun you got there!
That is a snazzy WSM! Good looking rifle you got there.
Looking good.
Amazing wood. Does the forend match well?
Heck YES you NEEDED it!!!

(Thought I just post that little justification in case your wife was reading. Nice score!!!)
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Amazing wood. Does the forend match well?

Forend doesn't have all that figure but at least it's the same color and matches well.
Great wood on that one. I like single shots and the 1885 is the best looking one of the bunch I think.
Gitcha a Talley 1885 one piece base. You'll be glad ya did.
Nice rifle. Looks like you decided that you needed it.
"NEED" is a four letter word among most of this crowd grin

Nice rifle. I think I'd have bitten on that one too.
Nice score
That's probably the best wood I have seen on any of the "Winchester" 1885's. The Brownings were usually better.

Congrats!
More often than not, there is no clear distinction between "need" and "want"....
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
That's probably the best wood I have seen on any of the "Winchester" 1885's. The Brownings were usually better.

Congrats!

Yeah, I saw another .325 at Cabelas a few weeks after I got this one and it was very plain. I haven't gotten around to shooting it yet but hope to get some glass on it soon.
You don't "need" to "need" a rifle to buy it! laugh
© 24hourcampfire