Home
Posted By: hclark Ruger #3 - 05/11/16
Just purchased this Ruger #3 in 375 Win. Has anyone seen a #1 or #3 with the Ruger Logo engraved on the frame before?
This gun supposedly came from a former Ruger employee's collection.

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Posted By: El_Numero_Uno Re: Ruger #3 - 05/12/16
Never seen one like this. It appears to be hand cut and not "etched".
You really need to get the info from the employee. The "supposedly" former employee provenance does not count for much. Ruger Records is not adept at knowing what an employee might have had done, either inside or outside the Factory, unless it is one of the 20 Year Service firearms.
Posted By: tex_n_cal Re: Ruger #3 - 05/12/16
Huh nor have I seen one. A good idea for a simple embellishment, IMO.
Posted By: mudhen Re: Ruger #3 - 05/12/16
I attended a benefit auction a couple of weeks ago that included one Ruger specialty rifle that is not catalogued and two handguns. The "engraving" on all of them looked like this. One of the Ruger honchos was in attendance and his remarks confirmed that these were specially produced by Ruger for that auction.

However, I guess that there is always the possibility that these guns were sent out to someone else for the embellishment...
Posted By: Hairtrigger Re: Ruger #3 - 05/14/16
I like it!
Posted By: TNrifleman Re: Ruger #3 - 05/14/16
Nice rifle, sir.
Posted By: LouisB Re: Ruger #3 - 05/14/16
37-38??? grains of RL7 and Hornady 220 is I think the standard load for the 375.
Posted By: Judman Re: Ruger #3 - 05/14/16
Very cool rifle...
Posted By: hclark Re: Ruger #3 - 05/15/16
Originally Posted by LouisB
37-38??? grains of RL7 and Hornady 220 is I think the standard load for the 375.

Already got a Win 94 Big Bore, so got some loaded up waiting for it in that configuration smile
Posted By: Talus_in_Arizona Re: Ruger #3 - 05/21/16
Super cool rifle!
© 24hourcampfire