Home
Posted By: Chrome New Henry for 2017 - 10/21/16
See where Henry is coming out with a new single shot along with a lever action .410 shot gun.

Gotta get me one of them single shots.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...peating-arms-shotguns-single-shot-rifle/
Posted By: whackem_stackem Re: New Henry for 2017 - 10/21/16
It would be nice if the .410 came with a 3" chamber. It does take Invector tubes. It would be a real bunny and squirrel killer.
The single rifles and shotguns are very nice.
Posted By: RWE Re: New Henry for 2017 - 10/21/16
I would take a lever 410.
Posted By: tex_n_cal Re: New Henry for 2017 - 10/21/16
A copy of the Handi-rifle?
Posted By: War_Eagle Re: New Henry for 2017 - 10/21/16
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal

I wondered about that when I saw it too. Copy or not, I definitely think they may be trying to fill that void in the marketplace now that H&R / NEFF is gone....we'll see how it works for them.

I wouldn't mind trying one of their singles in .243W.
Posted By: tmitch Re: New Henry for 2017 - 10/22/16
I wish they woulda made it hammer-less, ala-Savage 219. But, if they finish the metal decent and stock it in real walnut it's an improvement.
Posted By: gerry35 Re: New Henry for 2017 - 10/22/16
I would be quite interested in one of those in 223 and my buddy would probably like a 20 gauge. Henry is putting out some pretty neat guns these days.
Posted By: cas6969 Re: New Henry for 2017 - 10/22/16
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal

That's mostly what they make, copies older dead designs. Not a knock, just a fact.
Posted By: RWE Re: New Henry for 2017 - 10/24/16
Originally Posted by tmitch
I wish they woulda made it hammer-less, ala-Savage 219. But, if they finish the metal decent and stock it in real walnut it's an improvement.

You'd figure that as much as they are supposed to be lever gun oriented, they would have made a lever operated single shot, falling block or otherwise.

Even a martini knock off would have been neater.

Or a peabody. Left handed.

(stroke stroke stroke stroke)
Posted By: tmitch Re: New Henry for 2017 - 10/24/16
That would work. They coulda done another Henry remake....
a Martini Henry, or better yet, an Alexander Henry!

[Linked Image]

Yeah, I know, dream on.
Posted By: X1Proto Re: New Henry for 2017 - 10/24/16
What a disappointment this is. Earlier this year I suggested to Henry to build a modern Reproduction of the Hopkins & Allen Single Shot Rifles. They were made in 22LR 32 Cal and some even in Shotgun Gauges.
I would still like to buy a newly made rifle like them.
They could make them in different Quality variations to appeal to a broad spectrum of shooters.
I also sent this suggestion to another company and they said they would look into the idea.
Nothing ventured nothing gained.
Still Hoping
Posted By: fourbore Re: New Henry for 2017 - 10/24/16
I look forward to see the new single shot. I miss the old H&R,but; I never care for the use of plastic and the wood stock was bottom of the barrel. On the other hand, they were very inexpensive and had a loyal following. At 2x the price the market must shrink fast. The Henry looked like a slight upgrade for hopefully just a little more.

I am indifferent to the Henry levers. Now, this has my attention. There is not just a void with H&R, there is a Marlin quality void. As was posted already, an opportunity to expand customer base.

The fancy stuff others are talking about would be $2,000 rifles. I might want one, but; that dont mean I would buy it. On top of the price it has to MY DREAM caliber. Is the British Henry name any relation to the American builder?
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: New Henry for 2017 - 10/24/16
I'm with you on their leverguns; oogly to the max, and look like they took the cheap way out on stuff like sights and barrel bands.

The new single looks pretty good; better than the H&Rs. I'd prefer hammerless (why not copy the very simple and handsome Savage 219/220), but will give them a look when they hit the shelves.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: New Henry for 2017 - 10/24/16
Originally Posted by RWE
Originally Posted by tmitch

You'd figure that as much as they are supposed to be lever gun oriented, they would have made a lever operated single shot, falling block or otherwise.

Even a martini knock off would have been neater.

Or a peabody. Left handed.

(stroke stroke stroke stroke)

Martinis are so simple, with few parts. You'd think somebody would crank one out. I look at them online now and again, but most of the target .22s look like they never saw an oily rag.
Posted By: Ploughman Re: New Henry for 2017 - 11/28/16
I'd like to see someone make a centerfire version of the old Mossberg Model L which was an exposed-hammer Martini action .22 rimfire. I think a .32 H&R, or .38 Special version would be just the ticket.
© 24hourcampfire