Home
Posted By: Phoneman Contender carbine barrel - 08/20/17
Im wanting to build a 30-30 carbine with factory taper 21" barrel. The factory stainless one is hard to find so far. Who do yall reccomend for the aftermarket barrels? MGM, EA brown, or keep searching for a factory one. If any of you have one laying around let me know.
Posted By: FyrepowrX Re: Contender carbine barrel - 08/20/17
MGM has done well for me....delivery is usually in 6 weeks or so, all of them have been accurate, and if i ask for something out of the ordinary (special contours, special chamber throating, barrel fluting, etc), they do it with no problems...nice & easy to work with...
Posted By: Phoneman Re: Contender carbine barrel - 08/20/17
Are all mgm barrels plain or will they put sights on them? Id love one with iron sights
Posted By: J23 Re: Contender carbine barrel - 08/22/17
I have no complains with my MGM Contender barrels, all of them have turned out beautifully, and shoot better than I can.

I am fairly certain that they will drill and tap for factory T/C Contender Carbine sights for a nominal fee, but I am not sure if they sell them. No problem, they are always being listed on Fleabay, and seem pretty easy to find. Used to be that you could just call T/C and order up a set (or just about any other part for them, some free of charge,) but I'm not sure now since the company has changed hands.
Posted By: Phoneman Re: Contender carbine barrel - 08/22/17
Awesome. This carbine will eventually be for my girls to hunt with when they get older, but until then, im going to enjoy it. Ive always thought people needed to learn to shoot with irons before they get spoiled with a scope.
Posted By: Phoneman Re: Contender carbine barrel - 08/30/17
Found a factory 21" with sights and factory walnut stock set for less than i can buy just a barrel from mgm. Hopefully it will shoot as good as it looks
© 24hourcampfire