Home
On the look out for a good used Dakota model 10 in a standard caliber - .243 - 30/06. Anyone have a good source?
gunsamerica has 4 for sale. There's a few on gunbroker as well.
I hope your intent is not to find one for less than $4k... Because that likely will not happen.

They are insanely overpriced for what they are. And always have been.
I have kept an eye on gunbroker and gunsamerica, just havent seen what I want yet
Call Mark at First Stop. If he doesnt have one he will keep his eye out for one
I know you said "used", but Shedhorn Sports in Ennis, MT has a new one in 260 Rem for $4999.

Ask for Rob. Great guys to deal with!

(406) 682-4210

Good luck!
Todd
Originally Posted by KenMi
Call Mark at First Stop. If he doesnt have one he will keep his eye out for one

This would be my suggestion, also. Mark has sold me " several ", LOL.
Thanks guys
Hendershot guns......Google them I have bought 3 different #10's from them one new and two used......
Hope nobody minds me hijacking this thread to ask:

You guys with model 10's, are they all you hoped they would be?
Worth the money?
Originally Posted by bigJ

Worth the money?

Yes.

Worth the money?

Just sayin' smile

I'm on a no buy diet for awhile.
I've been more than happy with mine, maybe more so than all the #1's!!
Originally Posted by jk16
I hope your intent is not to find one for less than $4k... Because that likely will not happen.

Saw a 30-06 Dakota 10 at the Tulsa Gun Show last weekend. The guy only wanted $5700 for it. Scope was extra.

Nothing about a Ruger #1 that ever excited me.
If I had the coin to lay out for a Dakota, new or used, I'd look for something more interesting than one in a 'standard' chambering. The world is full of .243s and 30-06s more affordable than a Dakota, but, to each his own.
Mine's in 7 X 65, a bit different but still great!
I want a std caliber because I dont reload - larger selection of ammo
Originally Posted by SuperCub

Worth the money?

Just sayin' smile

I'm on a no buy diet for awhile.

I'm still allowed to lust....
I have one in 300 Dakota. Shoots extremely well and just handles like a dream!
I have one in .257 Roberts I'd consider selling.Gorgeous wood. Matte blued receiver. Accurate. Handles like a nice little 20ga. ~$4500. If you'd like photos, provide your email. Ben, Montana.
http://www.gunsinternational.com/gu...10-270-nib-on-sale-.cfm?gun_id=100932138
I’ve had 2 #10’s
Over priced, over rated, poorly engendered and poor workmanship on later production.

If you want a true quality single at that price point talk to Butch Searcy.
I looked at them seriously when wanting a nice single shot rifle. Every used one I saw had that big black rubber recoil pad that just turned me off. To order what I wanted was way past my budget but I did manage to have a custom rifle built on a Ruger #1 action exactly how I wanted it for under $5K. I'm talking a tapered octagon barrel, quarter rib, skeleton pistol grip, case colored metal, island swivel studs, ebony for end tip and a knock out piece of English walnut. I'm glad I didn't settle for a Dakota.
Originally Posted by jk16

That's because people with more money than sense think if they pay top dollar for an item it must be of high quality.
I've owned three and still have one in 7 Mauser. The only flaw I've experienced is one I owned in 7mm Dakota wouldn't extract a fired shell. The extractor seemed under-built for this large case... the bearing surface and tension apparently exceeded the design of the extractor, even with modest loads.
© 24hourcampfire