Home
Posted By: SCGunNut More From Lipsey's - 06/22/18
In addition to the new .250 Sav, Lipsey's is listing a RSI stainless 6.5 Swede and a stainless/walnut 1-S .45-70...

https://www.lipseys.com/itemdetail.aspx?itemno=RUK1RSI6.5X55

https://www.lipseys.com/itemdetail.aspx?itemno=RUK1S4570
Posted By: Bill Poole Re: More From Lipsey's - 06/22/18
if it wasn't for the 50% price increase since the last time they had a 1RSI in 6.5x55, I'd've already called my dealer to get that stainless one on order!

I may have to get one on order anyway.....

Poole
Posted By: 416rigby Re: More From Lipsey's - 06/23/18
I'd love to have a Swede, too, but 1900 bucks is criminal.
Posted By: El_Numero_Uno Re: More From Lipsey's - 06/23/18
I;ll ship both of you one for #1435; wood is fairly plain, as have been near all No.1's last year or three!! Way under $1900!
Posted By: cruzerbotz Re: More From Lipsey's - 06/24/18
What makes these things so expensive now. Bought my 308 two years ago for $1049. From Cabela's no less. I like the rifle, but no way I'd go $1,900.
Posted By: PJGunner Re: More From Lipsey's - 06/24/18
Originally Posted by cruzerbotz
What makes these things so expensive now. Bought my 308 two years ago for $1049. From Cabela's no less. I like the rifle, but no way I'd go $1,900.

Because they know sucker will pay the price. Screw them. mad
Paul.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: More From Lipsey's - 06/25/18
Originally Posted by cruzerbotz

I paid Darrik less than $900 for my last one last year, and at that price it was a steal. Would've been less enthused at say, $1200 or over, a good starting point for nice used Brownings.

No doubt the limited numbers produced affects the price somewhat, but also, as PJG said, some people are going to buy them almost no matter what. If I dip my toe in again, I'll want to see it first, or pictures at least.
Posted By: Bill Poole Re: More From Lipsey's - 06/25/18
Numero Uno

I recall (and reread in PM) that we discussed this nearly 2 years ago...

lemme think about it... $1435 brings it closer to my threshold of pain.... lets see how my bank account survives Camp Perry in a few weeks....

Poole
Posted By: 416rigby Re: More From Lipsey's - 06/25/18
Nope. I'll wait and get one eventually when I find a deal for under a grand. The hunt is half the fun, right? Besides, I have to sell my 454 Casull first, anyway.
Posted By: rj308 Re: More From Lipsey's - 06/28/18
Lee sold me this old Swede,
[Linked Image]
Posted By: El_Numero_Uno Re: More From Lipsey's - 06/28/18
Very classy and classic engraving! I like it.
Lee
Posted By: rj308 Re: More From Lipsey's - 06/28/18
Lee,

I use this one for Roe deer here where I live now in Romania. The plain wood never bothered me. Frank Conroy engraved it for me. The other 2 Ruger recommended engravers said they would have to anneal the receiver, engrave , then re-heat treat. Frank said the factory heat treat was real hard on his engraving tools, but he'd rather not mess with the factory heat treating. I went with Frank. RJ
Posted By: El_Numero_Uno Re: More From Lipsey's - 06/28/18
The Rockwell hardness of the No.1 was/is a real challenge for some engravers. I have studied the correspondence of the earliest Factory engraver; Alvin A White. The receivers were 33-34 Rockwell and he could cut them. He did the 21 Club rifles for the writers, Governors, etc I have a letter were he said he wouldn't do anymore because they were to hard.
Lee
Posted By: rj308 Re: More From Lipsey's - 06/29/18
Thanks Lee. You sold me a great rifle. It is very accurate, in a great caliber. RJ
Posted By: fourbore Re: More From Lipsey's - 06/30/18
Ruger might as well drop the No1. All this does is jack the cost of used No1, while providing nothing for anyone in the market for a new rifle.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: More From Lipsey's - 07/01/18
Ruger, on the other hand probably thinks they should make them as long as they make money on them.
Posted By: fourbore Re: More From Lipsey's - 07/02/18
Good point. I may have over reacted.
Posted By: dale06 Re: More From Lipsey's - 07/02/18
Wish they made an accurate #1. I’d buy plenty of them.
Tried four of them. Never again.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: More From Lipsey's - 07/02/18
My 1V shot pretty well as-is. Once I decided it was headed out, I left it that way rather than spend any more money on it. Had my fun and sold it for what I had in it, courtesy of Darrik's bargain price. Nice rifle, with only a couple issues common to them these days.
Posted By: pete53 Re: More From Lipsey's - 07/02/18

I do hope Ruger drops the number 1 that will make mine worth much more ! as far accurate I have some that are very accurate ,but no.1`s were not built for accuracy this rifle was built for class,one shot kill rifle and good lookin rifle. but some of us know how to make them shoot well too but no.`1`s are not a target rifle,i have killed my share of nice bucks with a no.1 and just one shot.
Posted By: fourbore Re: More From Lipsey's - 07/03/18
I do hope Ruger drops the number 1 that will make mine worth much more

I do not think so. If Ruger drops them, then they will be $1000 used rifles. That is what they are worth and that plus inflation will probably be it. Keep in mind long term, new generation taste. That could be on the optimistic side of that scenario. If they continue to market No1s at $2k, then you will have a $1500 used rifle. I think $1500 maybe low for that situation. That is the way these things work.

I got my two. I dont plan to sell and not likely I will get another. I can just sit back and watch.
Posted By: Coop2564 Re: More From Lipsey's - 07/03/18
Good looking rifle!
© 24hourcampfire