Home
Posted By: DoeSlayer New Lipsey's Exclusive #1 - 07/12/18
1A LGT SPTR 22 HORNET 22" Case Color Hardened. 1-10" Twist.
.22 Hornet
Gawl-durnit....here I was completely over new #1's and then they had to put this out.

ENU, any word on these? Seen any or get your hands on one yet?
Oh boy. I’m not really a Ruger #1 guy, but a 1A in 22 Hornet is really tempting!
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: New Lipsey's Exclusive #1 - 07/12/18
Well the one in the photo is stunning. Thankfully, I have a Browning just as nice IMHO, or nicer and a "known quantity" with regard to fit, finish, and action smoothness. The 10" twist opens up some possibilities though.

[Linked Image]
I shudder at the thought of the street price!
I'll have one in my hands on Monday. I'm hoping the addition of the case color hardened receiver prompted Ruger to put better walnut on these rifles. We'll see.....
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: New Lipsey's Exclusive #1 - 07/13/18
Care to "share the pain" of what you paid?

No one should have to endure that burden alone.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: New Lipsey's Exclusive #1 - 07/13/18
If this is a success for Lipsey's, will they do a .17 Hornet?

And I'd love to see a .256 WinMag..........just for fun. wink

Geno
Posted By: mrbumps Re: New Lipsey's Exclusive #1 - 07/13/18
The specs in the link say the twist is 1-14" . Is that a mistake? Have you confirmed 1-10" ?
Posted By: SCGunNut Re: New Lipsey's Exclusive #1 - 07/14/18
I have little use for a Hornet, but I hope this leads to more case color options. Think of an RSI in a useful chambering with nice wood!
Posted By: jk16 Re: New Lipsey's Exclusive #1 - 07/14/18
The wood in the pic looks nice (Turkish) but that "case coloring" looks like SH*T.

Nothing like an elegant English styled rifle with nasty cheap looking Stevens tiger striped Cyanide faux "case coloring".

Lipsey's should have Turnbull do the work like TALO does.
Lipsey's description showed 1-10" on 7/12, but I see it's been changed to 1-14". The wholesale price also increased.
Posted By: texken Re: New Lipsey's Exclusive #1 - 07/14/18
the 1-14 x's me out
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: New Lipsey's Exclusive #1 - 07/14/18
That's the same as their previous Hornets. Not a problem for me. The alleged 1-16 in my Browning is fine for me, and the article in the latest HL reports excellent accuracy in an identical Low Wall with 55gr Hornady Spitzers. Go figger.
Posted By: ingwe Re: New Lipsey's Exclusive #1 - 07/14/18
Originally Posted by texken
the 1-14 x's me out

The 1 in 14 is still doable for me, but the faux case color is not. Im with the other guy that sad they should have gotten Turnbull to do it.....
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: New Lipsey's Exclusive #1 - 07/14/18
Given the asking price, absolutely.

Don't know for certain about the color on my LW .44, but it looks good. Ignorance is bliss.

Anybody actually get the scoop. Is it chemical treatment or real CCH? The ones showing up now have some pretty wood!
Word is that Tyler Gun Works in Texas did the CCH. That shop has a strong interest and connection with Ruger collectors, etc. as well as being big Ruger fans themselves.

But, I have no verification that they did the case colors. Lee Newton may chime in on this.
That is what I understand also. Have 2 more and wood is pretty nice. War Eagle is chomping at the bit to see the best one!! I am tempted to keep it.

Let’s see the wood!!
Posting pics here is too tough for old poops like me. War Eagle can post it when he gets it!
Here's the pics that ENU sent me...and convinced me to send some money his way. The CCH isn't all that great but the furniture overruled.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Think both sides are better than my poor pics show. Especially the better side!
Think both sides are better than my poor pics show. Especially the better side!
Posted By: 10at6 Re: New Lipsey's Exclusive #1 - 07/20/18
OH my god.didn't know they could build like that anymore
Posted By: IMR4350 Re: New Lipsey's Exclusive #1 - 07/21/18
I would hope that the case coloring is not the same type that they used on the New Vaquero revolvers that rubbed off easily.
Posted By: Tarbe Re: New Lipsey's Exclusive #1 - 07/21/18
War Eagle - that's a real beauty!

Beautiful gun! Nice to hear it’s true case coloring!!
Posted By: 65BR Re: New Lipsey's Exclusive #1 - 07/30/18
Years ago an older former BR shooter had a "Hornet" - that was turned into a K-Hornet, a fella I know bought it, it was a No. 3 IIRC. He loaded surplus 40gr JHP what was OEM 22 Mag bullets as I recall, alot of lead on the nose. Blackbirds went "POOF!"

Another guy ran the OEM Ruger with Lil Gun for 3k+/- as I recall using Vmax.

No reason one could not use reduced loads in a 223, but I always enjoyed the Deuce and Fireball more myself of all the 22s.

Nice wood above.
Ours have some nice wood as well. That's a good thing considering some of the wood I've seen recently.
© 24hourcampfire