Home
Posted By: sharps4590 Schuetzen anyone? - 01/09/19
I am a sucker for old German rifles. Found this one I thought worth the money and it should be on its way to my digs shortly. It will make two Schuetzen rifles I have, chambered to different cartridges and with completely different adornment. This would be the fancy one and I hope it shoots as good as the plain vanilla one. Both are Haenel/Aydt actions and fortunately the sights came with both rifles. Evidently I will have to fit the stem of this one to the base on the rifle. No biggy.

https://www.gunsinternational.com/g...t-schuetzen-8-15x51.cfm?gun_id=101137544
Posted By: Ulvejaeger Re: Schuetzen anyone? - 01/09/19
Congratulations!!!
It is nice to see the sight key is there also.
Enjoy shooting that rifle and if you ever decide to part with it
let me know/
I should have been paying more attention but sometimes life happens.

I am shooting a CPA in 38-55 because there are some BP only matches
during the winter in this part of MT.
Posted By: sharps4590 Re: Schuetzen anyone? - 01/09/19
Danke, mein Herr! I had to type that....lol!

I was glad to see the key. One did not come with my other Schuetzen rifle so I cut and filed a double ended, open end wrench out of a piece of angle iron. After conversations with the seller and the condition he described the rifle I believe it will be a shooter. 'Course, most of us know how that is....never know until you shoot it.

Things like this rifle seem to pop up when I'm not actively looking, however, when I saw it, it didn't take long to decide.
Posted By: Tejano Re: Schuetzen anyone? - 01/09/19
That is a work of art. Museum worthy but better as a shooter, enjoy.
Posted By: elkchsr Re: Schuetzen anyone? - 01/09/19
I'm jealous! I'm also shooting a CPA in the schuetzen matches around here. I have a 22 lr barrel for it, and have a 32-40 bbl on the way.
Posted By: elkchsr Re: Schuetzen anyone? - 01/14/19
Somebody should ask Ulvejaeger to post a pic of the target he shot saturday, 520 out of a possible 625. Pretty impressive to say the least!
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: Schuetzen anyone? - 01/14/19
By any chance you lookin' for #3? laugh

[Linked Image]

About the best I've been able to do at 100 yards, but it's me, not the gun's fault

[Linked Image]
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: Schuetzen anyone? - 01/14/19
Or mebbe #4?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Nice looking rifles and good shooting Dan!

Who made the breech seater?

Here is the target. I'll let Ulvejaeger tell the details.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Ulvejaeger Re: Schuetzen anyone? - 01/14/19
#1 remington rolling block, 330gr. Brook's mold, bullets actually weighed 328 grs., .06 Walters veg fiber wad, 45 gr. of Swiss 1 1/2 black powder
and Federal 150 large pistol primers. Cartridge was 40-50 Sharp's straight. Cases are reformed Win 30-40 Krag. Condition's were exceptionally
good!!! Red bullseye is 6" in diameter. Somewhere there is 1 shot AWOL, it is a 25 shot target.

Thank you elkchser!
Posted By: sharps4590 Re: Schuetzen anyone? - 01/14/19
Not yet Dan. Lemme get this one and play with it for a while. I wouldn't be interested in the High Wall at all but man, that is a nice looking rifle!!

Good shootin' all of you!
Posted By: John_Boy Re: Schuetzen anyone? - 02/08/19
Such exquisite rifles.....
© 24hourcampfire