Home
Stumbled into the Lipsey's booth at SHOT yesterday and saw their new No.1S stainless .45-70. I've been struggling ever since, with my Lipsey's buddy on one shoulder and Nancy Reagan on the other, both whispering in my ear. It's still close, but so far, "Just say no" is winning. No.1s are an addiction.

http://www.lipseys.net/images/21324.jpg?maxwidth=520

Steve
Go ahead....you know you want to.....LOL
Are #1's short-throated,or basically no-throated? That's a gorgeous rifle. I'd certainly want to load it to 458 Lite specs and turn every foray into the woods with it into a DG hunt.
I recently scratched that itch, so am mostly immune at present, at leat to new ones. For what they cost, I'd rather have a second Fieldcraft.
Sold all of my Ruger single shots. Got tired of crawling stocks.
Besides, there is just something wrong with a stainless Nom1917
Kinda like green ice cream...
Had a BEAUTIFUL #1 45-70 once... was terrified to scratch it.

Sold it... bought a 1895, a CVA Scout... had both threaded... and spent the left over money on a .458 can (some of it at least $200+/-).

No question... #1s are magnificent, just not for everyone.
I am haunted by this... I had one of the stainless laminates in 45-70... sold it and like all gun sales I regretted. Turned one into a 500 N.E 3” great woods rifle.
Beautiful rifle! I want one.
Bet I order one shortly. I want mine back. They have a stainless 30-30 too.
Originally Posted by smallfry
I am haunted by this... I had one of the stainless laminates in 45-70... sold it and like all gun sales I regretted. Turned one into a 500 N.E 3” great woods rifle.

That would be an interesting caliber for Lipsey. I found 80 rounds Hornady ammo on the 2nd hand table for cheap. So; I got the ammo, now I need a gun!
[quote=fourbore
That would be an interesting caliber for Lipsey. I found 80 rounds Hornady ammo on the 2nd hand table for cheap. So; I got the ammo, now I need a gun![/quote]

you have the ammo ?? better just buy one > here i will post this " Ruger # 1 45-70 "
Tempting, but I have the standard model .45-70 1S, and it has primo wood, so...
© 24hourcampfire