Home
Traditions Outfitter G2 or CVA Scout V2 in 35 Whelen?

Since I have dies, reloads and a ton of brass from the 35 Whelen I sold I decided I wanted a light weigh single shot 35 Whelen to play around with.

I have read some good reviews on the CVA Scout but want to know how the Traditions Outfitter G2 stacks up, has anyone bought or shot one?

If not in Whelen any of the other G2 calibers?
Trigger alone is enough to swing the vote to the Scout. General consensus is the Traditions trigger sucks. Unless you really want 5-6 gritty pounds every time you pull it. The Scout trigger is fantastic.
Originally Posted by KenMi
The Scout trigger is fantastic.

This is good to know!

thanks
I too am looking at the 35. I have looked at the Henry, traditions, CVA and Ruger. Love the Ruger, but the $$! Did not like the Henry the over/under beach actin seemed weak. Can't find the traditions to feel out. Heard great things about CVA, action on Hunter feels good though trigger was stiff, heard the scout is much better. For a SS fluted barrel with muzzle break it is worth the extra $. Threads are M16x1 RH, sadly not a standard thread, but workable.
Hughes Precision will have an adapter that will allow you to fit your can to it.
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
Hughes Precision will have an adapter that will allow you to fit your can to it.

Wasn't worried about adding a can, as I don't have one (yet), but more interested in adding a better muzle break. Thank you, I'll have to look into them.
I’ll also give another thumbs up for the CVA Scout. It’s an excellent single shot rifle.
Don't know about the 35 Whelen but I do have the V2 Scout in 444 Marlin. As indicated by some of the comments, the trigger is indeed great. My Scout does have the muzzle break, which does a good job of taming recoil. In fact, I liked the V2 Scout so much, I had Murphy Precision custom make a SS picatinny rail, which I then JB-welded to the barrel. All of my other rifles except one have picatinny rails, so putting one on my Scout helps flexibility of moving scopes around if needed. It is very accurate with Hornady Superformance Ammo, though I will start to reload for it. In short, this has become my main deer-hog hunting rifle, given the heavily wooded terrain in which I hunt. Good luck in whatever you choose.
Thanks, I will take another look at the scout
I was into Contenders at one time ( 2 rifles and 2 pistols) and the word was out that people with single shoots in 35 Whelen were having problems because of no rim and a small shoulder. A lot of them were being re-chambered to 35 Whelen improved.
Did you ever decide? What did you end up with? I am trying to decide myself, I can't find either of them to look at in person. So it will have to be an internet only deal...
© 24hourcampfire