Home
Posted By: bufaf New Ruger - 06/12/19
I'm stationed in Germany and just picked up this little Ruger 1A in .270 the other day. grin
http://imgur.com/gallery/PQ2oa6W
Posted By: Son_of_the_Gael Re: New Ruger - 06/12/19
Beyond cool. Congratulations!
Posted By: Sherwood Re: New Ruger - 06/12/19
That's a very elegant rifle. Thanks for sharing!

Sherwood
Posted By: Cascade Re: New Ruger - 06/12/19
My goodness. Very Germanic!

I like it. Enjoy.
Posted By: 348srfun Re: New Ruger - 06/13/19
Very nice rifle. I don't intend to be negative but as good as that rifle looks, I think I'd loose the phillips head screws. Should not be hard to replace with some slotted screws.
Just my two cents, if it is worth that.
Posted By: pete53 Re: New Ruger - 06/13/19
i own a few Ruger #1`s and you will really enjoy hunting and shooting with a #1 ,one of the greatest rifles ever made for the workin man. the last 15 years i have only hunted with a Ruger #1.
Posted By: Tom_in_VT Re: New Ruger - 06/14/19
Nice rifle!
Posted By: cv540 Re: New Ruger - 06/14/19
Very neat rifle. Ahh the Germans. Gotta love their proclivity to taking something and making it just a bit more detailed and complex.
Posted By: Hawk_Driver Re: New Ruger - 06/14/19
Originally Posted by cv540
Very neat rifle. Ahh the Germans. Gotta love their proclivity to taking something and making it just a bit more detailed and complex.

Yeah, but it beats someone putting a bunch of gay-azz tacticool crap on it.

Good looking rifle. Really diggin' the cartridge trap on the stock.
Posted By: Tejano Re: New Ruger - 06/15/19
Those Germans don't hold back much. Normally not a fan of carving but it is so well executed and complements the engraving so well it is a pretty nice peace of work. The engraving is master class and would probably cost more than both my vehicles combined if done here. Nice find.

Interesting that they would choose the 270, don't they know the metro reputation? It would be ideal for the game depicted on the receiver.
Posted By: Mathsr Re: New Ruger - 06/20/19
You got a nice one when you bought that Ruger!
Posted By: DHN Re: New Ruger - 06/20/19
Originally Posted by Tejano
Those Germans don't hold back much. Normally not a fan of carving but it is so well executed and complements the engraving so well it is a pretty nice peace of work. The engraving is master class and would probably cost more than both my vehicles combined if done here. Nice find.

I agree.
© 24hourcampfire