Home
Posted By: Rickson #1 AH forearm - 08/02/19
I am looking for a #1 AH forearm. Can someone point me in the direction to start looking?

Thanks, Andy
Posted By: 416rigby Re: #1 AH forearm - 08/03/19
Not sure what an AH is. The 1A is the lightweight barrel, the 1H is the heavy Tropical barrel. What rifle are you installing it on?
Posted By: stantdm Re: #1 AH forearm - 08/03/19
Once it awhile they show up on Ebay. You can search and then save the search if there are none listed and when someone lists one you will get a email.
Posted By: shooter42 Re: #1 AH forearm - 08/03/19
my guess is the Alexander Henry.
Posted By: 416rigby Re: #1 AH forearm - 08/03/19
Well, duh! Aren't I the dumbass this morning. I need another cup of tea. lol
Posted By: bigJ Re: #1 AH forearm - 08/03/19
I think there is an actual #1ah model. I believe it's a 1ab but with the normal 1a Alex Henry forend.
Posted By: pete53 Re: #1 AH forearm - 08/03/19
call Ruger have the serial number of this rifle handi too.bet they have a extra forearm
Posted By: 21 Re: #1 AH forearm - 08/03/19
1A, 1S, or 1H? They are all AH fore arms. If 1H, C or D weight barrel? You want the fore arm to match the barrel profile. Also, be advised buying it without seeing it may result in it not matching your stock. A friend called Ruger not too long ago and they told him they would sell a stock and fore arm for ($460?) IIRC, I'm sure they would sell separate, but again, might not exactly match. As has been stated, Ebay or maybe Gunbroker are your friends here, too. Depending on year made, checkering could be different from original also, if that makes a difference to you.
Posted By: KenMi Re: #1 AH forearm - 08/03/19
Was it the special run 25-06 #1 AH?
Some were circassian
Posted By: Rickson Re: #1 AH forearm - 08/05/19
I got a .257 Roberts with the full length stock in trade and would like to have a regular length forearm on it. I think the AH style forearm is the same barrel contour and should be an easy swap. Thanks.
Posted By: 21 Re: #1 AH forearm - 08/07/19
[quote=Rickson]I got a .257 Roberts with the full length stock in trade and would like to have a regular length forearm on it. I think the AH style forearm is the same barrel contour and should be an easy swap. Thanks.

Only the 1 A forearm will work correctly, if at all. The relief for 1S and 1H barrel thickness would be too large and won’t look right. Order appropriately. 😉
© 24hourcampfire