Home
Posted By: pete53 7x57 leopard / Boddington - 09/05/19
i just purchased a very nice Ruger #1 in a 7x57 Mauser cartridge and it says on box African series / leopard. did Ruger have a series of African #1`s in different size cartridges ? i know very little about this series. also does anyone know of a new Ruger #1 book that a person can purchase ?thank you,Pete53
Yes, a few years back there were four different chamberings in the Boddington series, all named for the animal they were supposed to be appropriate for. 7x57 Leopard was the smallest.

As to books, you might check with El Numero Uno at Classic Sporting Arms
Posted By: pete53 Re: 7x57 leopard / Boddington - 09/05/19
thanks,Pete53
I’ve been looking for one of those !
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: 7x57 leopard / Boddington - 09/06/19
Originally Posted by pete53
i just purchased a very nice Ruger #1 in a 7x57 Mauser cartridge and it says on box African series / leopard. did Ruger have a series of African #1`s in different size cartridges ? i know very little about this series. also does anyone know of a new Ruger #1 book that a person can purchase ?thank you,Pete53

So like where the **** are the pictures?
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: 7x57 leopard / Boddington - 09/07/19
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Originally Posted by pete53

So like where the **** are the pictures?

Eggs Zachary!
Posted By: fourbore Re: 7x57 leopard / Boddington - 09/08/19
That has to be a nice cartridge/gun combination. I know I am preaching to the choir, but; image you can go always back to 1892 and select a 7mm that is as perfect and balanced a round as anyone could design today. Same for the 6.5x55. Nothing against the 7mm08 or 6.5 creedmore, both excellent rounds. They are simply a re-invention of what we had since the dawn of smokeless.
© 24hourcampfire